Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Buildings 4a and 5a Scorched - new mods just uploaded to CMModsIV warehouse

julianj

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I made these SF2 buildings and Bootie has kindly uploaded them.

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mo...msf2-buildings-4a-and-5a-and-wrecked-aircon3/

They are in zip files so should be no problem to download and extract, then install in Z folder as usual.

Building 4a & 5a Scorched – Take That Kieme!

fArKsUh.jpg

These are mods of two of Kieme's outstanding buildings in HD.

I hate Kieme so much I burnt and shot them up. :D

What you get with these buildings in HD:

• Scorched sides from internal fires
  • Windows above the ground floor have no glass (still function in game terms)
  • Lightly-smoked roofs x 2 – a Syrian delicacy – don't knock it if you haven't tried it
  • Pockmarking from bullet and shell hits

• Other damage and battle crap

• Pro government and jihadist slogans/iconography
  • A little easter egg
cr6bzSb.jpg

Building 4a

8qCIvNL.jpg

Building 5a

Designer's Notes

You need Kieme's buildings 4 and 5 to make this work. I recommend all his buildings. Because of the limitations of the way the modular buildings work I suggest you only use it as 1, 2, or 3 storeys as the scorching will look a bit odd otherwise. However it still works with taller buildings, particularly if you add balconies.

The pair of buildings aren't too heavily bullet-scarred so they fit in with other structures around. Because of the way the modular buildings work there had to be compromises with the placing of the slogans and decals, but I feel they add a lot of character to the buildings. PUT IN THE Z FOLDER AS USUAL.

You can add wrecked Aircon3 to your flavour objects for that extra bit of damage.

mMz7LHN.jpg

Here's the buildings in use in the excellent Daraya Tank Raid scenario:

e29y7HM.jpg

If you have Kieme's buildings already, you don't have to do anything to scenarios once you put these in the Z folder - they will appear automatically, replacing the original bldgs 4 and 5.

Very nice job. The burned out building is a common sight in war zones around the world. This mod will be useful in providing a more realistic look.

One idea might be to have a version without the Syrian specific markings. In all fairness CMSF is set in Syria. However scenarios are created for the game in many different countries. The removal of Syrian specific markings would allow for a wider use of your excellent looking mod. Not at all a criticism just an idea.

Thank you for taking the time to create and share this mod. :)

A good point. I'm done with them at the moment though. I spent quite a lot of time on this - perfecting bullet holes is more difficult than I thought :) . But I may revisit these later.

Minor niggle..
The red Arabic letters are not properly written .. they are written as individual letters but when forming a word they should be joined. In Western languages we have the choice to do this or not, but in Arabic it's always done.

Also Arabic is written from right to left, but your writing seems left to right.

The various posters also seem inverted even though they are written in English :)

Last edited:
As far as the Arabic goes, I just either did a google translate, then pasted it into my design, or grabbed text from ISIS flags/graffiti and used it. If ISIS can't write arabic properly, then please take it up with them. ;)

The way the game builds 3d objects it often uses one piece for a wall and stretches or reverses it. So half the text is backwards, and that includes more obvious languages, like English or Russian. We just have to live with that. If you look closely half of the posters are reversed. I mostly chose ones where it didn't matter much. That's why the Syrian flag is there - it's symmetrical.

As far as the Arabic goes, I just either did a google translate, then pasted it into my design, or grabbed text from ISIS flags/graffiti and used it. If ISIS can't write arabic properly, then please take it up with them. ;)

The jihad posters from ISIS are the only ones written correctly :)

Google translate also works correctly, but the problem arises when you copy and paste the text into your graphics software.

These buildings are finished. There will be *no* changes to them. I've put enough work into them. @Bulletpoint - if you don't like what I've done, fine. Create better ones yourself. I actually care more that some of the bullet holes are not great, than bad Arabic. More people might notice inferior bulletholes, IMO.

These buildings are finished. There will be *no* changes to them. I've put enough work into them. @Bulletpoint - if you don't like what I've done, fine. Create better ones yourself. I actually care more that some of the bullet holes are not great, than bad Arabic. More people might notice inferior bulletholes, IMO.

.ti evael ro ti ekaT .kcabdeef emos gnivig tsuJ

Back