Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

California - Back to the 1880's!

With everything that has been happening in California for the past ten years I guess moving out of South Cali 20 years ago was the right move..maybe

Here we go!
S.F. Chronicle: "...(offshore) Winds may be 'strongest (as much as 70 mph) of the year' this weekend." And my area is listed in the shutdown to begin late pm Sunday.
My problem is that I am near the northern end of the Santa Cruz Mt range, but not actually in the heavily wooded SCM's well south of here. Unfortunately, I am connected to that
power grid and when strong winds are predicted there I get taken down as well. Even if completely unnecessary. (Sorry, I think I'm being repetitive here.)
---
Likely not to happen until 1600 hrs at the earliest so at least I get to watch most of the NFL Sunday.
Could be for 48hrs or more. Or not at all.
Who the fook knows!?

Last edited:
Aarrgh!
Took a close look at the current power outage map. I'm toast! (Pun intended.)
If I lived one block, literally ONE BLOCK, further west I would have avoided the outage.
It's looking like a sure thing for Sunday so we will probably book a hotel for a couple of days.
"Oh, no! mTk has to stay in luxurious hotel suite with room service, a big screen TV and high speed internet access!"
Well, it is pleasant once we get there. It is still damned inconvenient.

All of us Oregonians are just biding our time until the Californians leave California. We will then swoop in grab that sweet, sweet real estate. It really is the closest thing to the Garden of Eden on the entire planet.
Of course, we have to make sure it doesn’t impact our rioting schedules. Priorities are paramount

Reactions: mTk
Aarrgh!
Took a close look at the current power outage map. I'm toast! (Pun intended.)
If I lived one block, literally ONE BLOCK, further west I would have avoided the outage.
It's looking like a sure thing for Sunday so we will probably book a hotel for a couple of days.
"Oh, no! mTk has to stay in luxurious hotel suite with room service, a big screen TV and high speed internet access!"
Well, it is pleasant once we get there. It is still damned inconvenient.
That sucks. Hard to believe we live in the 21st century. Well WE live in the 21st century, Cali lives in the 1880’s....

Rec'd this robo phone call early this afternoon:
"Hello. This is PG&E. We want to inform you that the weather has improved and it will no longer be necessary for us to send you back to the Dark Ages this evening.
We apologize for pissing you off, but it was a lot of fun and we will probably get to do it again next week. Have a nice day."
---
YmLANZk.jpg

Rec'd this robo phone call early this afternoon:
"Hello. This is PG&E. We want to inform you that the weather has improved and it will no longer be necessary for us to send you back to the Dark Ages this evening.
We apologize for pissing you off, but it was a lot of fun and we will probably get to do it again next week. Have a nice day."
---
YmLANZk.jpg
I am surprised that message didn’t come by Pony Express...

I’m currently without power ... due to fact that we had a 20 mph breeze last night. Supposed to be up and running by 10 pm tonight. Not holding my breath. CA has become a third world country. I’m going to leave the state as soon as my ill father passes. Having lived here for all 59 of my years, I never thought I would say that. But it’s time.

I am soo jealous.
Well if you hitched up the Conestoga, you could move too...

Sounds to me like the Golden State isn't so Golden anymore, the California Dream is now a nightmare. Sorry to see a great state flounder like it appears to be happening. That's bad, bad. bad when a native son throws up his hands and is leaving the place of his birth. Joking and politics aside, sorry for you guys that it's gotten to that extreme.

I’m currently without power ... due to fact that we had a 20 mph breeze last night. Supposed to be up and running by 10 pm tonight. Not holding my breath. CA has become a third world country. I’m going to leave the state as soon as my ill father passes. Having lived here for all 59 of my years, I never thought I would say that. But it’s time.

We think about leaving CA all the time. I think we will let our daughter finish high school and then we are out.

If you are a responsible person, California sees you as an ATM. Worse, they just mess with you constantly.

If you are a scum bag, there is no limit to what they will do for you.

It is a shame. The landscape and weather in CA are truly second to none. I have never lived in a place with more perfect weather or in more natural beauty. That part I will miss dearly.

Well if you hitched up the Conestoga, you could move too...

Sounds to me like the Golden State isn't so Golden anymore, the California Dream is now a nightmare. Sorry to see a great state flounder like it appears to be happening. That's bad, bad. bad when a native son throws up his hands and is leaving the place of his birth. Joking and politics aside, sorry for you guys that it's gotten to that extreme.
I can only speak from experience. Here are the States I have lived in (for at least a year) in my life. Oregon, Montana, New York, Kansas, California, Texas (born there). I am not including states/countries that I lived in for six months or less due to Army training or deployments (Kentucky, Georgia, Germany, Iraq/Kuwait). California wasn’t my favorite (that would be Oregon and Texas), but it was far from last. HOA, wanna guess what I think the worst run state has been in the last 25 years? Why don’t we have a “Kansas sucks” thread? Oh, right. No movie stars talking out of their ass. Most of whom came from places like Kansas. Sorry not sorry. (I have a fever, and am waiting on my test results, forgive my grumpiness):)

Back