Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

challenge match

Not sure what the big deal is with the latest module. I really want to be excited about it, but I honestly can't.
Doesn't that go for all of the WW2 games? They are mostly the same except for Soviet tanks and stuff in Red Thunder and the chance to have British equipment in Battle for Normandy.
Ok, this is now on my watch list.
The first 20 minutes of the Expanse first episode are quite boring but necessary to get to know the characters. But it gets better after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't that go for all of the WW2 games? They are mostly the same except for Soviet tanks and stuff in Red Thunder and the chance to have British equipment in Battle for Normandy.

Yep, and that's why I only bought two games and one module so far, even though I spent years playing CM.

Started out with Normandy, then added the commonwealth, and years later I got CMFB for late war open map tactics as antidote to hedgerows in Normandy.

Rome to victory is just a module, so of course I shouldn't expect major changes to the formula. For owners of CMFI it might be worth it as a kind of map pack. Nothing wrong with that.

We are underway now. Our setup turns are a distant memory and we have to deal with our first minute of combat action.

On my (British) attack, I purchased some aeroplanes, which I'm sure @Wellsonian is discovering right about now.

On his attack, it seems @Wellsonian has invested in some Churchills, which I have already bounced a 75mm AP shell off of, as he is no doubt aware of.

This map doesn't allow for a lot of stealth, and the lead is already flying. Tally Ho!

Yes, on a map that looks like it has lots of cover, it appears to have none!

On my (German) defense, the ominous sounds of many, many British airplanes fill the air. I assume Typhoons, and bullets and bombs rearrange the topography. A sudden advance by a bunch of Red Devils backed by a platoon of Shermans and a lone Churchill....so far.

On my (British) attack, it appears @Meat Grinder went with a mixed armor platoon backed by the inevitable infantry. Annoyingly, Meat Grinder has a little strongpoint forward in his defensive zone. How very 1970s-80's Soviet of you :).

I'm afraid this one won't go to the card. Someone is getting knocked out!

Back