Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMFI Rome to Victory mini campaign -- just about ready to go ahead

Well ... this is about ready to go.

Set up is the following ... an Axis delaying action fought against advancing Allied South African and Canadian mechanised spearheads.

Battles will be over control of map zones each representing a CM battle map (of approx 800m-1000m size) roughly representing the type of terrain on the campaign map.

MASTER-new-sample.jpg

There is no fog of war, as I want to keep things simple and also want to play as battle commander and CO of German side.

Unit counters represent a reinforced company and support units either Btn HQ/artillery or armoured support units. (see below) -- I've today after some playtesting, made the unit counters smaller as things were getting a little crowded.

Casualties are handled following way:
Each gun, MG, and tank/StuG/TD is counted individually

The rifle strength of each company is counted up and adjusted to 2/3 or 1/3rd strength as strength is adjusted after battle casualties.

CMFI campaign units sample.jpg

On the Axis side the initial front will be held by a battalion of slightly battered Fallschirmjaeger companies... to be later joined by a Panzergrenadier company and a Gerbirgsjaeger company and various panzer, Stug and support units.

Allied attacking forces are from the 6th SA Armoured Division:

1. The Kimberly Regt (Motor Btn on halftracks)
2. Cape Town Highlanders (Lorried Motorised Infantry)
Tanks from the Pretoria Regt and TD's from 11th Anti Tank Regt.

Canadians:
The Perth Regt (Motorised infanrty) with tanks for the Calgary Horse Regt.

Rules will be very simple, there will be 3 daylight turns and 1 night turn.

Units will pay ACTION POINTS to move and enter zones and/or attack.

Artillery/HQ units can either move/redeploy or fire in each turn, but not both (exception being the SP artillery of the 6th SA Artillery Regt -- who can either fire off map fire support or take part in the on map battle)

Battles will be short and furious -- 30 turns max for Meeting Engagements, 45 max for Attacks/Probes.

The initially deployed Axis units will have trenches and foxholes and a few scattered mines, after that any defending unit will get only foxholes.

ALLIES will get some limited air support on first day of battle... then weather might turn overcast.

ARTILLERY units can fire at range of two zones.

ORDERS and MOVEMENTS will be simultaneous -- I will lock in my orders as Axis CO before the ALLIED CO issues his.

UNITS ARRIVALS will be handled by chit pulls (to simulate traffic chaos behind both front lines ) -- ALLIES will get anywhere from 1 - 3 new unit arrivals per turn, ALLIES 2 - 4 units per turn.

More detailed rule set to follow in the next few days. (just gotta proofread and make sure it makes sense)

Will need a fellow AXIS battle commander (or two) and 2 - 3 ALLIED commanders including a CO.

Probably be best if we can arrange battle commanders in similar time zones to speed up play. Hope to keep this fun and quick.

My condolences on your loss.

We all know CM is just a hobby. Family comes first.

Back