Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMRT Carius at Malinova

Scenario can be found here! @Josey Wales and myself gave this one a whirl! This was based on a battle from Otto Carius's book 'Tigers in the Mud'! (highly recommend it)

ea76tXi.jpg

***SPOILERS BELOW***

H2H balance favors the Axis for sure. There are no OZs, just targets or kills for points. The designer thought it was gonna be tough for the Germans and recommended the more experienced player be Axis. But clearly the opposite is true. Though to his credit he did mention in designer notes it was not tested for H2H. This was designed for Axis vs AI. So we took a chance!

This was an all armor battle. Though Axis do get a scout recon HT. Total numbers were 8 tigers + 7 Stugs vs 11 T34-85s + 10 IS2s. With only a few IS2s left to deal with my remaining 7 Tigers Josey surrendered, cant say I blame him. Here's our AAR:

UtZk3dR.jpg

Oh and by the way, the lone Tiger that was destroyed was none other than tank ace Otto Carius. So in our little alternate reality digital universe he died with the rest of his crew on the Eastern Front from a 122mm shell from an IS2. He never wrote his book, I never read it, and we never played this scenario!

Welcome to... o_O

twilight_zone_banner_0.jpg

:D

Oh and by the way, the lone Tiger that was destroyed was none other than tank ace Otto Carius. So in our little alternate reality digital universe he died with the rest of his crew on the Eastern Front from a 122mm shell from an IS2. He never wrote his book, I never read it, and we never played this scenario!

Welcome to... o_O

twilight_zone_banner_0.jpg

:D

That is a weird concidence. Love this game.

I was cautious with my reinforcing IS-2's, as a result they got caught in a very bad spot, very early on and were out of position to be able to deal with the threat. I think the Soviet briefing is a bit vague which is what caused my cautiousness.

@rocketman afraid not, it's a 100 minute battle that was over by turn 13. The METT-T analysis that I do at the start of every video AAR would take up most of the video with just 2 or 3 minutes at the end of my T34's & IS-2's blowing up. At least this time I got a Tiger - the main character no less!

There seems to be a pattern when playing against @MeatEtr ! ;)

@rocketman afraid not, it's a 100 minute battle that was over by turn 13. The METT-T analysis that I do at the start of every video AAR would take up most of the video with just 2 or 3 minutes at the end of my T34's & IS-2's blowing up. At least this time I got a Tiger - the main character no less!

There seems to be a pattern when playing against @MeatEtr ! ;)
Yeah a bit of a bummer this one isnt gonna make the cut for one of your excellent videos! If you want to move on to another opponent I understand, nothing personal. Might be for the better anyway since I'll be going out of town in a few weeks. Also in a few months I might be away for an extended amount of time.

Back