Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMSF2 is out!

CMSF is a modern title, focusing on asymmetric warfare. That makes it pretty much unique to begin with, and vastly different to CM: Black Sea.

It's set in a fictional Syria circa 2008, so the arms and armour are pretty similar to those of Iraq or Afghanistan of the 21st century.

The asymmetric warfare means that you have three main factions - the US, the Syrian army, and irregular fighters. Terrain is typically either wide-open desert, or cramped and hellish street fighting.

CMSF was the first Combat Mission 2 game, so there is a *ton* of content out there for it.

Don't want to be a "debbie downer" but this is pretty "meh" to me. I may buy it at some point, but not right now. Have fun, though, for those who are interested in this. :)
OK then, be a "Meh Grinder" :cool:
Just kidding, in time perhaps. The Big Bundle is jam packed with content to last forever.

Have played through a few scenarios from CMSF 1 that I know particularly well - ATGM Ambush, Al Huqf Engagement, Sabres at Dawn, and peeked at a few more.

These are almost entirely different scenarios. The first two are barely recognisable, and the latter (through the addition of water) has some very different problems to deal with. It was already a fairly strong scenario, so didn't need as much work, but this is pretty much an entirely new game.

I'm still suspicious of it as a PBEM game, at least for Quick Battles - I'm not entirely happy with the disparity in Black Sea, and that's far wider in CMSF.

I do enjoy the challenge of it, mind you, but will have to see how frustrating it is in practice.

I'm still suspicious of it as a PBEM game, at least for Quick Battles - I'm not entirely happy with the disparity in Black Sea, and that's far wider in CMSF.

I do enjoy the challenge of it, mind you, but will have to see how frustrating it is in practice.

Red on Red or Blue on Blue addresses that and can be quite fun.

Oh, for sure. I definitely want to work out if and how to be competitive with insurgents vs blue forces though - that will be (and should be) difficult, but I wonder how possible it is.

Don't want to be a "debbie downer" but this is pretty "meh" to me. I may buy it at some point, but not right now. Have fun, though, for those who are interested in this. :)
Just out of curiosity. What do you see as so meh about it? It has lots of force options with marines, UK, and NATO, along with all the different toys they bring, and it is currently $40 bucks off when you buy the BB.

Back