Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Combat Mission, World at War

Zimny

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I used to play CMx1 a loooot over a decade ago. Few days ago I had a terrible, sudden need to refresh this games
:D

I bought CMBN just to try one of the "new" ones.
I used to play on World at War webpage, maby someone remembers? It had great pbem file sharing system and a player ranking. You could upload reports of your battles with other players, so at the end your statistics were visible and very clear to other users.
Thanks to this, it was known who was worth challenging to a duel and who was impossible to face.
Great stuff, but the webpage is down for few years now
:)

So the question is:
How do people nowadays search for opponents in CMx1 and CMx2? Is there any lader/ranking system here?
Do you collect statistics of your fights with other people somewhere?
Or maby someone knows what happend to that great WaW community?

Thank You guys in advance!

I can use you as a back up if anyone drops out of either of the tournaments I am running.

It would at least get you a chance to be in it and get a feel for it if interested.

Of course, I cannot gareentee that a opening will happen, but I do general lose a few players since the commitment is seriouis.

Hey Zimny.

I'm a WaW veteran, ca 2005-2013. I remember a big community from cmhq.pl joining us at some point. Many great battles and tournaments. I remember Shepherd, a player who was sort of a spokesperson and event organizer for the Polish gang. Also a few more... Strzelec, and my valued opponents in tournament games, Geronimo (Caucasus '42) and Miekusi (Budapest '45). Your name rings a bell, too.
The website was beautifully designed with a lot of functions and bells and whistles that kept people hooked to it. Including the ladder.
Artie, the webmaster, moved on to other projects but kept the site going for a few more years while the activity gradually declined. I was helping with admin/moderation in those last years.
Eventually all fell quiet and Artie pulled the plug. It's a loss for CM, but people have moved on.

Welcome here!

@A Canadian Cat Thanks for that ;) I will take a look
@SlySniper sure thing! Count me in!

@Drifter Man Shepherd, Strzelec, Miekusi, Gregrog, Belzeboss, Wielkopolanin, Nachtman... plenty of good oponents :) I hope our paths will cross again someday.
Well, WaW... it was to be expected that the site would eventually go down. Users were leaving and, sad to admit, I was one of them :)
But that is true, the site was beautifull.
Anyway, I hope to find good oponents here ;) so if any one is for CMBN or maby older CMBB, CMBO, than let me know! I will also search for few players on my own.
Thank You for having me :D and have a good day!

Hi everyone,
I used to play CMx1 a loooot over a decade ago. Few days ago I had a terrible, sudden need to refresh this games
:D

I bought CMBN just to try one of the "new" ones.
I used to play on World at War webpage, maby someone remembers? It had great pbem file sharing system and a player ranking. You could upload reports of your battles with other players, so at the end your statistics were visible and very clear to other users.
Thanks to this, it was known who was worth challenging to a duel and who was impossible to face.
Great stuff, but the webpage is down for few years now
:)

So the question is:
How do people nowadays search for opponents in CMx1 and CMx2? Is there any lader/ranking system here?
Do you collect statistics of your fights with other people somewhere?

Thank You guys in advance!
Zimmy..I will give you a ladder game if you are a member at Blitz..You say you want a good opponent then come play the best.:)

Back