Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's talk that landlords should suspend rent for a time, and banks suspend mortgage repayments (using some of their 'record' multi billion dollar profits each year!) while this is going on.
Bloody great idea, but like so many other great ideas it will probably get ignored.

Same thing is happening here in Ireland, but not for long enough.

Some light relief:

There’s a British rugby sports commentator, Nick Heath, who has created a small bunch of very short and funny videos called #Lifecommentary. He creates a play by play commentary of normal everyday activities( in the park, at the shops) and delivers them as if they were sports championships.

Last edited:
The other day I was shamelessly boasting about my own country and how things are so ordered here etc. Ok, I have to admit I'm impressed with India now. I did not for a moment think they would be able to pull this off. Seems their government has increased its leverage in recent years.

Video showing how India's teeming cities were able to impose and enforce a 14-hours curfew with just a few days notice:

Hub6actual has been removed from this site at his own request.. I can only imagine because of the comment directed at him in this thread. Guys its a shit storm out there just now and if someone is feeling a bit fragile we need to build them up not drive them down.

Amen to that, brother. Let's be kind and civil to each other in these difficult times.

The flippin summer people are showing up way ahead of season to "avoid" this virus. This is beginning to create a problem with the locals who are stating that the local supply is just barely keeping up with demand. Surprisingly the Town released a statement that was in support of the locals (usually the locals are second class citizens compared to the summer residents) and asked people to go back to their main residences. Nothing will come of it but it was nice to see the summer crowd get their feathers ruffled.

I already gave you a <like>. One is all you get.
I'm spending all my time playing PC2 and World of Tanks.
Going to treat myself to binge watching "The Expanse" next. :cool:

All good stuff, especially "The Expanse"! (y)
Word is that Season 5 may release early. Season 5 will follow Marco's continued rise to power, while his ex Naomi Nagata reaches out to their son in an effort to stop his reign of terror. The episodes will cover the events of the fifth book in James S.A. Corey's nine-novel series, "Nemesis Games".

Local news says that there are 41 more infected in the country, totaling 266. There were no other deaths.

Third day of isolation and the family begins to get bored.
I am the only one who goes out into the street, in fact I go early to look for food (09.00 AM) because afterwards long lines form to enter the stores due to the limit of customers that enter to avoid crowds.
Who would have thought a month ago that we would be talking about this.

I missed the earlier drama. :(
Both the wife and I are considered "essential" and thus its business somewhat as usual.
She works at a grocer and I am in heavy industry.
She is the real essential right now, unless we are shooting my job is iffy.......

We in South Africa going into national lock down from midnight Thursday for 21 days -- this is gonna be painful, but necessary ... no going out unless for buying food, get medical attention or buy medicines.

Our govt decided to kick in hard and early -- just 402 cases and no deaths yet, but rather take the pain early.

We in South Africa going into national lock down from midnight Thursday for 21 days -- this is gonna be painful, but necessary ... no going out unless for buying food, get medical attention or buy medicines.

Our govt decided to kick in hard and early -- just 402 cases and no deaths yet, but rather take the pain early.
The state of Ohio where me and @sspoom live is on that program now.

Local news says that there are 41 more infected in the country, totaling 266. There were no other deaths.

Third day of isolation and the family begins to get bored.
I am the only one who goes out into the street, in fact I go early to look for food (09.00 AM) because afterwards long lines form to enter the stores due to the limit of customers that enter to avoid crowds.
Who would have thought a month ago that we would be talking about this.

Seems to me Argentina had a very strong and early response. I'm happy we at least don't have a general curfew here, so I can still leave the house to take a walk. Still, I'm starting to get a little loopy not meeting anybody during the week. Hopefully they won't tighten measures here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back