Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a call this morning at 0300 for a water line that burst and was flooding out the bathroom. Older customers in their eighties, I went in gloved up and wiped everything down three times with clorox wipes when I finished. Not much else you can do but fire off a prayer to whoever gives a shit and then move on.

Got a call this morning at 0300 for a water line that burst and was flooding out the bathroom. Older customers in their eighties, I went in gloved up and wiped everything down three times with clorox wipes when I finished. Not much else you can do but fire off a prayer to whoever gives a shit and then move on.
Do you own some properties?

Has this ever happened before?

Not to my knowledge. Past infectious pandemics weren't understood well enough to discourage or prohibit this type of gathering. Communal prayer services back then were encouraged as the means to abate the "Wrath of God".

Do you own some properties?
Just regular on call stuff for work. All the trades around here are considered essential so we just keep on plugging away. Even new construction is still carrying on like normal. Remember that the Banks always want their money, it doesn't matter what your sob story is or if it's the end of the world.

Just regular on call stuff for work. All the trades around here are considered essential so we just keep on plugging away. Even new construction is still carrying on like normal. Remember that the Banks always want their money, it doesn't matter what your sob story is or if it's the end of the world.

You're a plumber? My brother is too.

It's not boring at all to stay in the house.
But how come one bag of rice has 7,268 pieces, and the other bag 7,132?

I read this joke in spanish this week in a group of whatsapp. It seems that your pranks have spread like the virus, Terry!

Updating ... Day 9
55 more cases, total 745.
Two more deaths, total 19.

Today I had to go to the pharmacy in the city center (Ituzaingo), about 20 streets from home. Most stores closed but there was a little movement of people, we all looked at each other with suspicion, perhaps thinking that the other could infect us with just our eyes. What paranoia.
I got a photo to show all you... and my family too.(y)

20200328_112414.jpg

It's not boring at all to stay in the house.
But how come one bag of rice has 7,268 pieces, and the other bag 7,132?
-----
We have a teenager in the house you see...
Eight days into our family lock down and I'm starting to question whether the Donner party was even hungry...
Allow me to unlock another level of hell by introducing a catchy little tune.

Its all a state of mind....
When I retired, I thought, I would have plenty of time on my hands... first mistake.
Now this lock down... thought I have some time on hands... none
what's more I don't think I finished the first job I started when I retired yet!

I must be a clock (don't remove the l...) as these hands always seem to be busy!

UK members ... clocks go forward today!

When I retired, I thought, I would have plenty of time on my hands... first mistake.
what's more I don't think I finished the first job I started when I retired yet!

I must be a clock (don't remove the l...) as these hands always seem to be busy!

Ha! I am in the exact same boat.
I retired last February and told everyone the first thing I was going to do is clean out and clean up my basement.
And that beat is still going on.

People ask me "So how is retirement?" with a glint in their eye like I'm sitting in a rocking chair on my porch just watching the world go buy.
I tell them retirement is like a long weekend full of chores. (albeit you don't have to have anything completed by the end of the day ;) )
I don't know how I kept up just having evenings and weekends to do work around the house!

So, true, this "shelter in place" isn't effecting me much either.
And now that Spring has sprung, there's beau coup yard work to be done that I don't think I could keep up with even if there were 8 days a week.

Clocks go forward.........so should I bother changing all the clocks in the school when I go back in the morning??

The quarantine period was to end on Tuesday 31, but it will not be possible. Today the president announced that it runs until Sunday, April 12.

Today there were 75 new cases, total 820.
And a new victim, total 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back