Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missouri Highway Patrol speeding update - pulled over a driver doing 143 in a 65....The fastest I have ever gone was about 120 and I am thinking that sumbitch would have blown by me if he came up on me doing 143. Holy Schnikes!

Missouri Highway Patrol speeding update - pulled over a driver doing 143 in a 65....The fastest I have ever gone was about 120 and I am thinking that sumbitch would have blown by me if he came up on me doing 143. Holy Schnikes!
I think he will need a good lawyer...

On most German Autobahn there are no speed limit. You can drive as fast as you like. But there are rules for example that you can only overtake while driving the leftest lane and you have to drive in a safe way (no 150mph during bad weather for example...). Also all drivers have to drive the right lane if they are not overtaking.
I did drive up to 150mph several times and it makes a lot of fun, but I also had to be very careful driving this fast. For me 100mph is the most relaxing traveling speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a conspiracy theorist AND I have been a production and Project Manager for 20+ years. If you do any kind of risk management, which good project managers do, there's a conspiracy of something everywhere you look... ;)

I think he will need a good lawyer...

On most German Autobahn (Highway) there are no speed limit. You can drive as fast as you like. But there are rules for example that you can only overtake while driving the leftest lane and you have to drive in a safe way (no 150mph during bad weather for example...). Also all drivers have to drive the right lane if they are not overtaking.
I did drive up to 150mph several times and it makes a lot of fun, but I also had to be very careful driving this fast. For me 100mph is the most relaxing traveling speed.
I am older now and don't need the adrenaline rush speed gives you anymore. I know, check my pulse, right. When I did rip up the highways the only thing I really worried about was having a blow out. That and farmers pulling out in front of me from a section road...if you're from the middle of the US, you KNOW exactly what I am talking about...LOL

Last edited:
I am a conspiracy theorist AND I have been a production and Project Manager for 20+ years. If you do any kind of risk management, which good project managers do, there's a conspiracy of something everywhere you look... ;)

You need to sum to the requirements that you need to have worked with a government to know that they can't do shit, if they do probably they didn't do it right and even if they managed to do it properly, they can't keep their mouths shut. That's why I don't believe many of the more elaborate theorists that needs hundreds or thousands of people to keep it in secret. But, that doesn't mean that there not some theories that end being true; some well known scandals (Contra-Iran, syphilis testing on poor people, NSA wide spying) started as conspiracies theories.

And on topic, the quarantine have also some side effects, less people in the road means high speed for some but also less deaths by car accidents which is one of the leading causes of death worldwide.

Last edited:

Fastest I've ever been on land was in my high school buddy's 1967 Mustang. There were three of us in the car, and I was in the back seat.....no seatbelts. We were all late teens/early 20's, driving on an interstate hwy at night, and we encouraged him to "see how fast it would go". Well, it went plenty fast. IIRC, the speedometer registered to 120 mph and he had it past that and the needle was down into the odometer before we asked him to slow down. It actually felt like the car was floating. I don't care to experience that again.

GFDn7AG.jpg

It actually felt like the car was floating. I don't care to experience that again.
They do feel a little loosey goosey at those speeds. I had the same experience with a guy driving at night when I lived in New Mexico, Very unnerving, as the floating sensation was magnified by the darkness.

Have you seen the prices of those on eBay lately? Your looking at $15k + for one in nice shape. What did they cost new? $1000?
I paid $1300 used for mine in late 73 or early 74, can’t remember exactly. I know they command big money now. I sold it in 83 or 84 for $800 to a young guy maybe 22 or so. I hope he didn’t kill himself on it.AB188755-C9B2-4CFB-B741-C58431AF783C.jpegC028CC00-18F6-434F-85C5-9F26DE4B9EC1.jpeg

Had a very similar experience to @Meat Grinder back in my late teens, out with a mate in his car, 1977 XC coupe (yeah similar to the Mad Max car)

2459414.jpg

This is not THE car, just very similar. 302 windsor, let's see what she'll do. 190kph on a back country road and things were getting uncomfortably floaty so we backed it off, once we were safely back at 100kph he tells me: 'I've had it up to 220 before...'

Fastest I've ever been on land was on my bike, 1999 Yamaha R6, out for a ride with another mate, clear dry day, flat straight stretch of highway, no traffic - let's see what they'll do! My bike got up to 275kph (170mph), his was an R1 so it got up to 290kph (180mph). A few months later the same mate got clipped by a truck and spent five months in hospital having his spine put back together, and another mate got killed riding his bike, so I sold mine and have stuck to four or more wheels ever since - I like living. :)

You know the old saying, there are only two kinds of people that ride motorcycles - the ones that have had an accident and the ones who are going to have an accident. Actually the issue is people in cars not seeing bikes. However, I have been on the interstate and have a gang of crotch rocket morons pull up beside me and do wheelies and stan on their seats and all kinds of crazy shit. God forbid one goes down in front of me.

Went to the grocery store yesterday. Most everything was in stock except for a few hoarded items like yeast, some frozen foods. I have to say going grocery shopping has become stressful.

Had a very similar experience to @Meat Grinder back in my late teens, out with a mate in his car, 1977 XC coupe (yeah similar to the Mad Max car)

2459414.jpg

This is not THE car, just very similar. 302 windsor, let's see what she'll do. 190kph on a back country road and things were getting uncomfortably floaty so we backed it off, once we were safely back at 100kph he tells me: 'I've had it up to 220 before...'

Fastest I've ever been on land was on my bike, 1999 Yamaha R6, out for a ride with another mate, clear dry day, flat straight stretch of highway, no traffic - let's see what they'll do! My bike got up to 275kph (170mph), his was an R1 so it got up to 290kph (180mph). A few months later the same mate got clipped by a truck and spent five months in hospital having his spine put back together, and another mate got killed riding his bike, so I sold mine and have stuck to four or more wheels ever since - I like living. :)

Yeah similar hear. Late teens mate driving at 5 in the morning coming home from the clubs. The roads were wet on the Freeway north out of Perth. He hit 190 kph in a Ford Falcon XC. Mate in the back was sort of asleep, stuck his head up, said something and then sort of tucked himself back there so he couldn't see. Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back