Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should get me through to the end of the lock down.
---

GT54Kho.jpg
Only one?

"Message from the Tennessee Department of Health

Dear Health Care Practitioner:

On August 28th the Governor issued Executive Order No. 59 to extend the State of Emergency related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic to September 30, 2020.

The order allows the continued suspension of various laws and regulations and other measures in these orders to facilitate the treatment and containment of COVID-19 through regulatory flexibility, promoting social distancing and avoidance of large gatherings, and protecting vulnerable populations.

Gov. Lee also signed Executive Order Nos. 60 and 61, which extend through September 30 provisions that allow for electronic government meetings subject to transparency safeguards and remote notarization and witnessing of documents, allowing for implementation of best practices developed during COVID-19 for providing live broadcasts of electronic meetings and safely conducting in-person transactions, respectively, beginning October 1.

Executive Order Nos. 59, 60 and 61 may be found at: https://sos.tn.gov/products/division-publications/executive-orders-governor-bill-lee

Sincerely,
Health Related Boards"

Men, we have entered the world of George Orwell's 1984.

Last edited:
Sept 30? Here they extended it until Sept 20, there are certain flexibilities obviously, but in the same way, walking on the street is normal. People are already tired after so many months. It is difficult to enter, for example, the city of Buenos Aires, if you do not have a prior authorization. There are controls at the entrances to said city. To this must be added that public transport (trains, buses) is only for personnel with essential tasks (health, security, etc). There are activities that God only knows when they will return (hotels, tourism, discos, cinemas or theaters, etc.)

Hmmmm, the CDC has announced that in 94% of COVID deaths there were underlying medical conditions that contributed significantly to the severity of the disease and led to the death of the patient. Given that COVID is being attributed to deaths that aren't necessarily caused by COVID, we will never know the "true" mortality rate. For example, my brother-in-law related to me that a gentleman he worked with tested COVID positive, but was killed in an automobile accident. His cause of death.? You guessed it, COVID 19.

Hmmmm, the CDC has announced that in 94% of COVID deaths there were underlying medical conditions that contributed significantly to the severity of the disease and led to the death of the patient. Given that COVID is being attributed to deaths that aren't necessarily caused by COVID, we will never know the "true" mortality rate.
Ah, well that pretty much sums up the majority of non accidental deaths. The mortality for the Flu is still something we can calculate. In fact if you look for it you often find that they quite flu plus pneumonia deaths together since they often go hand in hand.

For example, my brother-in-law related to me that a gentleman he worked with tested COVID positive, but was killed in an automobile accident. His cause of death.? You guessed it, COVID 19.
LOL yeah that's a dumb statistical anomaly for sure. The thing is even if such things are even slightly common it pales in comparison with the under counting that is the real problem. When the US death tole attributed to Covid19 was at 150 000 the actual number of deaths that were higher than the average for this time period for the past few years was 200 000 deaths. So, even if a large number of those additional 50 000 deaths are indirect (people who die of an OD because they are alone instead of with people or die of a hear attack because they didn't go to the hospital soon enough for example) that still dwarfs the number of people who die by accident who happened to have tested positive for Covid 19.

To be frank I would actually classify those extra non covid19 deaths that were as a result of the strain on our health care system as still being a result of the pandemic (please not I said as a result of the pandemic not covid19 - clearly deaths where the patient was not sick with covid19 should not be used to calculate the mortality rate of covid19).

"... His cause of death.? You guessed it, COVID 19."
Really? How do we verify that kind of stupid?
Because the basic rule is "anyone who dies and has tested positive for covid19 is counted as a covid91 death". Clearly an accident that was not caused by the disease shouldn't count. I think I made the point that even with these kinds of things it is just noise in the stats not a real problem with the status. We are already under counting people who died as a result of covid19 far more than any goofy reporting rule problem like this.

Because the basic rule is "anyone who dies and has tested positive for covid19 is counted as a covid91 death". Clearly an accident that was not caused by the disease shouldn't count. I think I made the point that even with these kinds of things it is just noise in the stats not a real problem with the status. We are already under counting people who died as a result of covid19 far more than any goofy reporting rule problem like this.
Under counting how?

Because the basic rule is "anyone who dies and has tested positive for covid19 is counted as a covid91 death".

But shouldn't the actual cause of death be counted as the cause of death? I think other things can be listed as secondary or contributing.

As an example many men get prostrate cancer. Many of these men will actually die of heart attacks etc after they have tested positive for prostrate cancer. But the death certificate lists the cause of death as a heart attack (or that fancy medical phrase they use for heart attacks). Why is it different for Covid?

But shouldn't the actual cause of death be counted as the cause of death? I think other things can be listed as secondary or contributing.

As an example many men get prostrate cancer. Many of these men will actually die of heart attacks etc after they have tested positive for prostrate cancer. But the death certificate lists the cause of death as a heart attack (or that fancy medical phrase they use for heart attacks). Why is it different for Covid?
Because someone has an agenda?

LOL yeah that's a dumb statistical anomaly for sure.

No, this isn't the first I've heard of this happening. There are a number of accounts where deaths are listed as COVID deaths when they are not. So my question is this. Of the people that were COVID positive two weeks ago, how many have survived and recovered? Why aren't we tracking that type of statistic?

Also, anyone else notice how ape shit the media has been about the post-Sturgis outbreaks, but still not saying a word about the risk of exposure at all these BLM and Antifa protests? Reporting the news, not so much, "shaping" the news, yep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back