Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Count me in....question

@Badger73 thanks for the game that was quite interesting! not bad for my third game ever first mp:) The Roman Infantry so tough I think it's going to be a bit like in Rome 2 it is very forgiving and you can really make a lot of mistakes and they'll still be hanging in there:)
I was really surprised that my veteran spearman couldn't hold! I'm pretty convinced if they would have held on I could have swept your front with the Cav.
But anyhow it was a pleasure:)

@Badger73 thanks for the game that was quite interesting! not bad for my third game ever first mp:) The Roman Infantry so tough I think it's going to be a bit like in Rome 2 it is very forgiving and you can really make a lot of mistakes and they'll still be hanging in there:)
I was really surprised that my veteran spearman couldn't hold! I'm pretty convinced if they would have held on I could have swept your front with the Cav.
But anyhow it was a pleasure:)

The pleasure was all mine @General Sir Anthony C H M. That was an exciting match. (y)

I had hoped to oblique march right and cleave your center while your own right flank was out of position. Then I intended to overwhelm your left flank while defending against pressure from your right. It felt like you forced me to close action before I was ready and I thought you would envelope me before I could break your center. I was as surprised as you by the tenacity of Roman Principes. I fully expected that your line would hold and your cavalry would sweep in from the flanks and rear to defeat me. Roman legionaires won the infantry melee's before you could do so. Thank you for a great game and excellent turn rate!

By the way, I have awarded @General Sir Anthony C H M, @Wellsonian, @Bootie, and myself the FoGII 2018 ribbon award. Please let me know if anyone else besides @Rico and @Nelson1812 has earned one as well.
Milites Romani, ad victoriam! :2charge:

@Badger73 thank you for the ribbon! I really felt I had you nice and extended and I was ready to strike:)
But you really crushed my Centre. well done! can't believe that centre of veteran couldn't stand at all!
one thing that confused me quite a bit where that you are me didn't seem to suffer any morale effect or anything when I routed/killed your CinC. but it didn't seem to do anything did you notice that?

Last edited:
hi all
I have created a new large battle! I play as the pontic and you are the Romans.
I really find it challenging playing against the Romans due to their vastly superior infantry:) and I would like to get better at it!
it's a large game and it's open for anybody!! The password is "thefgm" first come first served.

Sure, any module is fine. My preference is "Triumphant Legions" as practice for the campaign. I'm registered as Badger73 on Matrix PBEM server. Set something up and PM me the password.

Okay, will look for something shortly and pm you the scenario name and password.

Back