Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Donning The Purple - Roman Civil Wars - CLOSED

After a brutal fight, wellsonian (in the style of Julius Caesar, I love using third person) defeated the usurper @Jolly Olly, 65-40. He won the Cav fight, wellsonian won the infantry fight. Well played by Jolly.
Good game! You pretty much steamrolled me with your infantry. I just could not win a fight anywhere along the line.

Put me back in the rotation as well. For now I retreat again to the east and work to rebuild my army.

@Josey Wales Do you ever notice that the end game stats rarely ever resemble the battle just fought? I mean that was a nail biter that had me nervous every time I opened a new turn.
The stats? Made it look like a walk over!? WTF? GG JW. TY. :2charge:
So, @Rico, my reward for letting JW raise my blood pressure to a near fatal level is I now get to play Olaf?
Am I a lucky guy, or what? :unsure:

@mTk it was close indeed but I felt you had me beat a few turns back when I counted all of your cavalry still in tact. I thought that if you could bring them to heel and organise them then it was all over for me.

It actually turned out that the coup de grace was delivered by your infantry. Good game and yes, a real nail biter.

It looks though as if our dreams of becoming emperor will not materialise as the Empire has now fallen!

Reactions: mTk
@Josey Wales Do you ever notice that the end game stats rarely ever resemble the battle just fought? I mean that was a nail biter that had me nervous every time I opened a new turn.
The stats? Made it look like a walk over!? WTF? GG JW. TY. :2charge:
So, @Rico, my reward for letting JW raise my blood pressure to a near fatal level is I now get to play Olaf?
Am I a lucky guy, or what? :unsure:

I think with the final results -- the victor holding the field gets all his routed units back ... while the losing side gets theirs run down by pursuing cavalry... most casualties in these battles happened when one side breaks and starts to run...

Back