Nimakai

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
Usually plays single player.
Just installed Whos Turn Is It (http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt) Neat app. Only gotcha, was for some reason (It may be my bad. I may of knocked my PATH a while back and didn't set it back or somthing) had to manually point to javaw.
Great app tho! Set it up without needing to read the guide. Intuitive and well guided design. Kudos. Think I'm sticking with this one on my first ride into PBEM.

A Canadian Cat

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
ian.leslie@lesliesoftware.com
Just installed Whos Turn Is It (http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt) Neat app. Only gotcha, was for some reason (It may be my bad. I may of knocked my PATH a while back and didn't set it back or somthing) had to manually point to javaw.
Great app tho! Set it up without needing to read the guide. Intuitive and well guided design. Kudos. Think I'm sticking with this one on my first ride into PBEM.
Thanks. Glad you were able to fix up the links to java. The install is supposed to detect existing install and use it or get you to download one. That part of the install is the weakest link. My next version will just ship with the jre it needs - no more "can java be found", "is it the right version" etc. issues to deal with in the installer.

Gunner

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
Email
tramos1@optonline.net
Hey Cat, do you think you could get a Chat feature added?
I know coding can be a bear, my wife is a firmware engineer, so I'm just asking.

Nimakai

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
Usually plays single player.
Despite not playing anyone yet (yet to do my first one / meet willing) i was wandering how would people get around this. I was betting that peeps just be using text documents in drop box manually... which i guess could be parsed?? I dont know. Im not really a coder.

I believe cat is working on it though.

Last edited:

Gunner

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
Email
tramos1@optonline.net
Way back in the old days we used to email each other the turns and have a couple of sentence chat with each turn.
I think it was @JTimo who used to attach the occasional pictures from WWII depicting what he just did to me.
I would open an email and there would be a picture of a tank burning or a heavy machine gun firing and I knew I was going to be in for it. ;)

A Canadian Cat

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
ian.leslie@lesliesoftware.com
Hey Cat, do you think you could get a Chat feature added?
I know coding can be a bear, my wife is a firmware engineer, so I'm just asking.
Oh Yes I am beta testing that now. It will detect H2HH's chat file and add to that if you are playing against a H2HH opponent and otherwise it will use a simple text file in the drop box folder with the same name as the game you are playing. I am using that with other testers and a player that does not use any app (he's nuts because he manually copies files around). He just hand edits the text file and I see the new comment in my chat window.

The hold up is getting the Mac install sorted out - I'm hitting trouble including the jre in the app folder and getting it to work. While I'm working that out I am putting the final touches on supporting translation support.