Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[DOWNLOAD] CM Helper 1.7.5

Just installed Whos Turn Is It (http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt) Neat app. Only gotcha, was for some reason (It may be my bad. I may of knocked my PATH a while back and didn't set it back or somthing) had to manually point to javaw.
Great app tho! Set it up without needing to read the guide. Intuitive and well guided design. Kudos. Think I'm sticking with this one on my first ride into PBEM.

Just installed Whos Turn Is It (http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt) Neat app. Only gotcha, was for some reason (It may be my bad. I may of knocked my PATH a while back and didn't set it back or somthing) had to manually point to javaw.
Great app tho! Set it up without needing to read the guide. Intuitive and well guided design. Kudos. Think I'm sticking with this one on my first ride into PBEM.

Thanks. Glad you were able to fix up the links to java. The install is supposed to detect existing install and use it or get you to download one. That part of the install is the weakest link. My next version will just ship with the jre it needs - no more "can java be found", "is it the right version" etc. issues to deal with in the installer.

Despite not playing anyone yet (yet to do my first one / meet willing) i was wandering how would people get around this. I was betting that peeps just be using text documents in drop box manually... which i guess could be parsed?? I dont know. Im not really a coder.

I believe cat is working on it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way back in the old days we used to email each other the turns and have a couple of sentence chat with each turn.
I think it was @JTimo who used to attach the occasional pictures from WWII depicting what he just did to me.
I would open an email and there would be a picture of a tank burning or a heavy machine gun firing and I knew I was going to be in for it. ;)

Hey Cat, do you think you could get a Chat feature added?
I know coding can be a bear, my wife is a firmware engineer, so I'm just asking.
Oh Yes I am beta testing that now. It will detect H2HH's chat file and add to that if you are playing against a H2HH opponent and otherwise it will use a simple text file in the drop box folder with the same name as the game you are playing. I am using that with other testers and a player that does not use any app (he's nuts because he manually copies files around). He just hand edits the text file and I see the new comment in my chat window.

The hold up is getting the Mac install sorted out - I'm hitting trouble including the jre in the app folder and getting it to work. While I'm working that out I am putting the final touches on supporting translation support.

Something new.

Now when I try and run the 1.7.5 exe I get the follow error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 6, in <module>
File "__main__.py", line 128, in <module>
File "__main__cmh__.py", line 125, in <module
File "controller.py", line 51, in __init__
File "appstate.py", line 52, in __init__
File "permadict.py", line 29, in __init__
File "permadict.py", line 79, in load
ValueError: File not in a supported format

Now what am I doing wrong?

@A Canadian Cat , is your Whos turn is it complete?

Nevermind, I found the answer here:
Worked like a champ.

It's in a sticky in the Combat Mission WW2 Titles thread.

@A Canadian Cat
Quick question: For me, Whose Turn Is It no longer shows up on my screen. I have to go into Task Manager and select "Maximize" so it literally takes up the whole screen to see what's going on. Alt-tabbing to the program does not work.

@A Canadian Cat
Quick question: For me, Whose Turn Is It no longer shows up on my screen. I have to go into Task Manager and select "Maximize" so it literally takes up the whole screen to see what's going on. Alt-tabbing to the program does not work.
Hummm that sounds sucky. Let's see if I can get you sorted out...

Once you have it maximized click on the button to restore it to a normal window (the multi square button between the minimize '-' icon and the 'X' close icon). You should be able to see the window normally. At that point you can minimize it to the task bar (with the '-' icon). Or - and this is likely where it went - you can close the window with the 'X'. That just closes the window but not the app - but it will no longer appear in the task bar.

I wrote WTII to be a system tray app so the helmet icon will appear in your list of tray icons next to the time in the bottom right corner. You can click on that icon to restore the window and click the X to make it go away. It is done that way since WTII is meant to run all the time on your system monitoring your game folders but be out of the way.

However, Windows 10 doesn't always cooperate with system tray apps and sometimes hides their icons. You can choose what icons show up and which are hidden by right clicking on the task bar select "Settings" and on the task bar settings page scroll to the "Notification Area" and click on "Select which icons appear on the task bar" Look for the WTII icon and turn it on. It will also say it is an Open JDK binary but the name "Whose Turn Is It?" will be there too.

Yeah that worked for me (Forgot to say I was on Windows 10). I click the little arrow that hides the apps in the tray and select WTII and it doesn't work which confused me but having it appear always in the tray managed to fix the issue.

Back