Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[DOWNLOAD] CM Helper 1.7.5

OK, I downloaded the zip
Created a folder called CM Helper
ran winzip
moved the all the files to the CM Helper folder
double clicked the cmh.exe and
nothing

Am I missing something (besides brain cells)

But wait! There's more!

When I start the program I get the below.
It doesn't seem to effect the workings and I just click the x to hide the notification but why the notification in the first place?

LhQKTjp.jpg

Hi Gunner, I guess like me u play(ed) ASl / VASL judgng from ur thumbnail ;-)?

You bet.
I worked my way through almost all the Avalon Hill games.
SL and ASL was as far as I got. I started playing the Beta version of CM Beyomd Overlord in around 1999. No more rule book!
I still have a boat load of Squad Leader units, maps, General magazines and scenarios in my attic.
I even have the trays to put them all the units in.
Yikes!

Many hours spent late in to the evening playing that game.....

And you Bruno?

Same. I got all the modules and nationalities, incl. the campaign ones (peiper, stalingrad, ...), the deluxe ones and the solitaire one, all counters and plastic trays for them. In addition to that I built the 3d version of all maps (photocopy x2) glued on foam boards with all levels (+ and -) reproduced by cutting and gluing the corresponding hexes (and painting the slopes in black) plus, the big plus, creating all houses and buildings in cardboard, with levels, painted too and also using GHQ Puter miniatures (painting like scale models which I normally do in 1/35th) of AFVs, vehicles and infantry (with color code on the base to distinguish between conscripts/2n line, 1st line, elite etc with their leaders (with their bonus + or - small stickers beneath the base). so it basically double the number of plastic trays to store all this small world. And when u play 3d with miniature on 2 times magnified hexes, u can spread ur units (instead of piling them, a crazy thing in ASL) and u also use the "information" counters (pinned, double time, jammed, ...) next to the miniatures... I did that in a few tournaments in france (i am french) and got, u bet, full attention of the specialized press...

*by cutting and gluing the corresponding hexes: and of curse inserting (or carving) the levels beneath them, so the map is actually in 3d

forgot also to mention the trees to make the woods or orchard, using green moss used in railroad modelling, and glued on toothpicks painted in dark brown and planted (litteraly) in the corresponding hexes, the barbed wire made of thn thread on glued X-shapes small pieces of balsa wood, the bunkers made of modelling putty, painted in concrete grey and sized to accommodate MG or ATG GHQ miniatures, etc. the result was that i could actually visually camouflage tanks or units when placing them in the tree hexes! more real than real lol

lol.
wld u like to play some scenario online in any of the CM WW2 modules?

Last edited:
Hi. Sure, very tempting. Sorry I just got home and saw ur message (its now 11.25 pm here). I will look at ur link tomorrow
cheers

Hey Guys, sorry to ask the n00b question.
Is this still THE CM Helper that we should be using? Sorry I'm new to playing CM in general, let alone CM Multiplayer.

Hey Guys, sorry to ask the n00b question.
Is this still THE CM Helper that we should be using? Sorry I'm new to playing CM in general, let alone CM Multiplayer.

Yes, it is, even though it is a bit dated and out of support. It's the latest version available.
An alternative is @A Canadian Cat's "Whose turn is it" which accomplishes the same things. I'm not sure how much it is used instead.

There are several of us using it :D
I have a new version in beta that will have some translations, integration with CM Record and support for chatting.

Please consider creating a thread telling us more about it when released. CMHelper is getting long in the tooth. It would be good to spread the word about your tool and explain it in greater detail when it's ready.

Back