Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

FOG2 Digital League upcoming schedule for October 2020 & February 2021

Well, I will not go winless! Got my first result, with Byzantines against Irish/Vikings. 47-10 in my favor. I finally got my money's worth from the Klibanophoroi and the Varagian Guard.

My second battle is close, but I will probably lose. If I can break one more unit though, he will go over 50%, so fingers crossed. Every point counts.

I have a crafty opponent here who wisely redresses his line and shifts his medium troops to rough terrain on my flank. Im forced to chase him, leaving me vulnerable to cavalry. Hopefully I can be disciplined enough not to chase him too far and keep my line formation intact.

This is biblical division

Last edited by a moderator:
I just beat some Sarmatians with my Roman / Franks in Late Antiquity. In my opponent's defense he had never really fought with his army, or Cav armies in general. He will get better because he is good, but it was satisfying to watch my Light Spear / Dart troops get to do what they were designed to do (repel cav). Most players avoid them at all costs with their Cav.

So that puts me at 2 wins and a close loss. A couple other battles could go either way. I'm most likely going to lose another one.

Remember, it's not just wins and losses but also the point differentials as well. See --> Rules of Competition for Season 9 . . .

5. Winning league points
Points will be awarded for wins, marginal wins, ties, draws and marginal defeats as follows . . .
4 points - for a win where the losing player has not scored 50% or more
3 points - for a marginal win where the losing player has scored 50% or more
2 points - for a tie where both players score 60% or more, or for a draw where a player has scored at least 25%
1 point - for a marginal defeat where the losing player has scored 50% or more
0 points - for a loss, or for a draw where a player has not scored 25% or more
To win a game a player must always “rout” the opponent’s army.

@Wellsonian - congratulations on another EMA battle victory against hscic! :cheerso:
Sorry for your loss against SSB. :cry:

I just started my own CA game against hscic yesterday. He's fielding an Armenian (Tigranes) 83-69 BC army against me; squadrons of elite cataphracts backing mediocre pikemen with lots of light infantry archers. I'm glad my Marian Romans have their own Armenian Allied light infantry to screen my legionnaires with a couple cataphracts to back them up. He seems a pretty chatty Italian fellow who lives in Rome. I think it will be fun to play him.

I'm also started playing a match against SSB last weekend. He's fielding Pre-Marian Republican Romans with Pergamene allies against me.
Our battle lines just slammed into each other. The scrum has begun! :2charge:

Last edited:
I see you are doing quite well also! This is fun!

My loss to SSB was heartbreaking. One more half turn and I would have completely rolled him, but he was smart. He cherry picked my peripheral units to get exactly to 25% despite leaving his army completely exposed, in rough terrain, and disrupted to do so. I couldn't get a rally. It was a great game move by him, but exactly why I've never liked the 25% over 40% rule. No real life commander would have done that, but this is a game, and I would and will do the exact same thing if needed! :p
Hscic and I played a tight game that could have gone badly for me in many ways, but luck was on my side. I made a massive error and left my flank open on my Varangian Guard, and he took advantage. Luckily their Highly Superior rating saved my ass until the Kliboranphoroi could ride to the rescue.

I should get a win against SSB in my Late Antiquity game, but I'm still at the stage where some awful luck could ruin that.

Won my first match with the zealots 40 - 15 against IMC, a very experienced player with Hunnic, Western 376-454 AD with Germanic Foot Tribes 260-599 AD allies.

Thought he had me there for a few rounds as he swamped my units with horse archers and nearly took out out all my lights . As you know one cannot just assault superior horse archers with a non horse army like mine. I made a stand in some woods so that he depleted his arrows and then I made the attack. Functioned almost like an elastic defense type situation. Very happy with this one.

Well done, @olaf! My being your punching bag seems to have paid off for you . . . :fisher:
I've completed 3 matches with varying success; major win, minor loss, draw. All my 6 remaining matches have started and are in progress. I'm holding my own but they can all go either way. What I like about the Digital League compared to Slitherine's FOG2 tournaments is that league players seem more committed to starting and finishing what they signed up to do. However, Division F players are all newbies so maybe we don't know any better . . . :whistleo:

Back