Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

FOG2 Digital League upcoming schedule for October 2020 & February 2021

And @Badger73 is starting to announce his presence in the Classical Antiquity division. Well done FGM. Well done.

Kudos to @olaf whom the Digital League knows as "Schmolywar" for his performance thus far in Late Antiquity. Zealots with Pellets indeed!!

1603469393479.png

Congrat's to @Wellsonian for doing just fine in Late Antiquity so far as well.
1603469487070.png
Stay the course FGM!! :2charge:

Finished all my 9 games in late antiquity now. 5 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss. The B division has a slow turn rate so it will take some time before the winner is declared. Overall im happy with my performance!

Not really much to tell and this opponent is on track to win my division; so hat's off to him as a very good player.
In our match there was a great many clumps of woods and rolling terrain with a smattering of rough spots in the center. I deployed my troops in Roman quincux for battle. He stayed across the field playing hide and seek in and out of the wood-lines, making no advances forward. So, I figured I needed to do something. I advanced carefully, protecting my flanks, and trying to pounce on his weaker infantry. As things turned out, my line wound up being spread just enough too thin and positioned in disadvantageous terrain, unable to press any advantage. I lost the initiative and wound up being picked off until momentum fully swung his way. I should have just stayed put and let the match wind to an inconclusive outcome if he was going to play that way. Intead, I succumbed to impatience and botched the battle . . . :cry:

From the weekly roundup:

It is wide open in Division B where schmolywar (Jewish Revolt) has finished on a modest 24 points, 4 ahead of DzonVejn who has finished on 20. It is still mathematically possible for 5 other players to beat that 24 point target, with Najanaja (Dacian) currently best placed to do so with 3 wins and a draw from 5 starts. In the relegation battle phoyle3290 (Sassanid) prevailed over lunecastle (Byzantine) in what could turn out to be a very important match.

Do you have to have all the FOG2 dlcs to participate in this tourney?

Do you have to have all the FOG2 dlcs to participate in this tourney?

In the FOG2 Digital League, you need the DLC's for whatever era's you chose to compete; Biblical Age 3200BC-601BC, Classical Antiquity 600BC–1BC, Late Antiquity 0AD-599AD, Early Middle Ages 600AD-1099AD. Players need the ability to create their own pot luck matches against opponents.

In the FOG2 Tournaments hosted by Slitherine, you do not need the DLC's. The tournament organizers create those matches and assign opponents for you. Examples for tournaments are here --> Slitherine Tournaments Page.

In the FOG2 Digital League, you need the DLC's for whatever era's you chose to compete; Biblical Age 3200BC-601BC, Classical Antiquity 600BC–1BC, Late Antiquity 0AD-599AD, Early Middle Ages 600AD-1099AD. Players need the ability to create their own pot luck matches against opponents.

In the FOG2 Tournaments hosted by Slitherine, you do not need the DLC's. The tournament organizers create those matches and assign opponents for you. Examples for tournaments are here --> Slitherine Tournaments Page.
Thanks Badger. I didn't realize there were two tournament structures.

What are "pot luck" matches?

I imagine that knowledge of how to select an effective army is essential in the FOG2DL. How about the FOG2 Tournaments? Are they set piece battles where you get an army and map already selected?

Thanks Badger. I didn't realize there were two tournament structures.

What are "pot luck" matches?

I imagine that knowledge of how to select an effective army is essential in the FOG2DL. How about the FOG2 Tournaments? Are they set piece battles where you get an army and map already selected?

For everything you want to know about FOG2DL, check out the first post in this thread --> FOG2 Digital League

"Pot Luck" is the option to choose for the terrain map when creating Digital League multi-player challenges. It prevents players from overtly creating matches more favorable to their own army choices.

For more tournament information, check out @RichardYorke's videos on the current "Rise and Fall of Carthage" tournament found --> here.
(Bye the way, @RichardYorke, methinks you have a new acolyte in @Otosan to catechize here . . . ;))

Id like to get a few games going here from all of you guys. Pick something from late antiquity, 1600 pts, and Ill set it up!

Back