Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Goooooood morning!

O

OnWargaming

Hi all,

I am Alessandro (46 years old, Italian) and I play wargame since my teens (well, if I include toy soldiers since my first birthday :p), I have played all kind of wargames (tactical, operational and strategic) across all media (pc, tabletop and miniatures) and the only limit is my free time and other hobbies.

After a very long hiatus I would like to play the CM series again and I remember this forum was the best one about this game community.

How my introduction says, I am not a dedicated player because I like to switch games every so often but at the same time I would like to be more constant in what I think are the best games ever played so far.
Long story short, I want to restrict myself to WWII only (because is the period that I am more interested in) and to manageable games (at the moment I am playing War in the Pacific Admiral Edition but the small Guadalcanal scenario, everything bigger would require so much time and effort that I will never have until I will be rich or retired :D).
Obviously, CM is one of them and I want to return without any hurry, ie very few games at once.

Over the years, speaking about tactical squad level games, I finally come to the conclusion that the most rewarding are:
PC: Combat Mission (of course)
Tabletop: Advanced Squad Leader
Miniature: Chain of Command

Ciao!

Big welcome to the Club @OnWargaming The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Hi all,

I am Alessandro (46 years old, Italian) and I play wargame since my teens (well, if I include toy soldiers since my first birthday :p), I have played all kind of wargames (tactical, operational and strategic) across all media (pc, tabletop and miniatures) and the only limit is my free time and other hobbies.

After a very long hiatus I would like to play the CM series again and I remember this forum was the best one about this game community.

How my introduction says, I am not a dedicated player because I like to switch games every so often but at the same time I would like to be more constant in what I think are the best games ever played so far.
Long story short, I want to restrict myself to WWII only (because is the period that I am more interested in) and to manageable games (at the moment I am playing War in the Pacific Admiral Edition but the small Guadalcanal scenario, everything bigger would require so much time and effort that I will never have until I will be rich or retired :D).
Obviously, CM is one of them and I want to return without any hurry, ie very few games at once.

Over the years, speaking about tactical squad level games, I finally come to the conclusion that the most rewarding are:
PC: Combat Mission (of course)
Tabletop: Advanced Squad Leader
Miniature: Chain of Command

Ciao!

Bon Giorno!!! and welcome.

Plenty of CM WW2 games to be had here :)

Also have WiTP AE and played that Guadalcanal scenario a bit a while back. The larger ones are indeed for another life lol, or maybe if I can hire someone to do the administration overhead :)

@Lethaface Thanks and I agree about Witp:AE, I would pay someone for the huge amount of mouse clicks required to play this game :D
Really a masterpiece!

1620612498307.png

Welcome to the club! Please enjoy a doughnut and some coffee while you look about.

Back