Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front is out

Have you read the manual that Lethal did for Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943? Excellent reference and downloadable from FGM. Also, try watching some Youtube vids from The Warsimmer and Arch Warhammer. In a nutshell there's the operational component (on the map), then the tactical component where you issue orders to your units. These should get you started Bulletpoint...also watch his battle replays, you can pick up and emulate what he does....really accelerates the learning curve. I use an IPad or laptop to play his videos while I follow along in the game.

Last edited:
In a nutshell there's the operational component (on the map), then the tactical component where you issue orders to your units.

Thanks for helping out. I sort of understand the part about the operational and tactical parts. It's more that the devil is in the detail. On the operational map for example, there are many different icons representing infantry, and then one guy who looks like he's dancing (?) From doing mouse-over it seems those are command units? Do I need to bring them to battle or should they stay behind the front line?
I also need to figure out how to predict which troops will be involved in the actual fighting once a battle starts. Etc etc. The learning curve is very steep with this game, but there is something fascinating about it as well.

By the way, does anyone know of a sound mod that changes the sound of incoming artillery? The default sound effect sounds like new year's fireworks. It really ruins immersion. Fuiiiiiiii... fuiiiiii

I've been googling and the only sound mod I could find only changed the sounds of small arms (and ruined those) so I uninstalled it again.

This sound mod is very good! Try it!

Will it change the sound of incoming mortars? They sound like cheap fireworks..

@Txema Alright, I got time to test out the sound mod now. It does remove almost all the fireworks mortar sounds (but I still sometimes hear one very faint similar sound - it's no big deal). So thanks a lot for the suggestion to use this mod. I was going crazy with the stock sounds.

As for the mod's sound for various other weapons, I can hear they are changed, but they don't seem any better or worse than the default sounds. Maybe they are more realistic - I can't tell, because I don't relaly know how these guns sound in real life.

A couple of things about the sound mod though. MG42 sounds are really low. But I can hear reloading inside a StuG from several hundred metres away. Also, at beginning of battles, there's a radio crackle sound with a strange beep that sounds like a modern warfare sound.

A couple of things about the sound mod though. MG42 sounds are really low. But I can hear reloading inside a StuG from several hundred metres away. Also, at beginning of battles, there's a radio crackle sound with a strange beep that sounds like a modern warfare sound.

I think it would be worth commenting these things in the thread of the mod creator... He will read the comments and hopefully provide solutions and improve the mod!

OK, I tested out the mod some more, and it actually doesn't remove the annoying mortar sound. It does seem to turn down the volume of it though.

FYI :The latest major Mius Front Update contains an additional operation which is added if you own the 'Final Offensive" DLC.

Back