Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front is out

GT-23.png
A commandeered German half track now used by the Russians in assault on German positions.

GT-26.png
What's this? A lend lease Bren gun carrier is now joining the assault.

GT-28.png
Things look like they might stabilize, but then I notice what look like bombs going off in German positions. What the hell? I though the Stukas used up all their bombs. Is another squadron now bombing their own positions?

I look up in the skies and see bi-planes....that can't be good...

GT-29.png
Sure enough its the Red Air Force now bombing German positions and the damm invincible Panzer III commandeered the the Russians is joining in the mayhem

GT-33.png
The strafing from the air goes on for an eternity.

The battle ends. No cease fire this time. The Russians prevail.

It’s been a while but I think in the basic tutorial it tells you how to mount infantry on tanks. It may also tell you the commands to have them dismount.

I’ve never done it myself in a game yet. The pictures I posted was from a game vs the AI and the AI was the one with the mounted tank riders.

I didn’t keep track of the AI T-34 with tank riders for very long. When I did view it again it was backing away and it looked like the tank stumbled onto dug in German positions and the infantry got shot off.

I guess the only way to find out for sure is to ask on the GT forum or create a custom battle and test...

This is where a replay feature would be a great thing to have. If you have a moment post on the GT boards and ask for a replay to be added. Maybe if enough people ask they will add in update.

There is so much going on at once it’s hard to see and keep track of.

I have seen German infantry armed with Russian Ppsh SMGs in some battles...pretty cool. I don’t think I’ve seen Russian infantry using German infantry weapons yet.

I think in one past battle I’ve seen the Germans use a captured T-34.

Seems Graviteam has the same problem as CM.. gunner placed too high and not getting protected by the gun shield.
Hard to say at this point. Gunner does look a bit too high, but could have been a shot from the side or even rear quadrant where gun shield doesn't give protection.

Hard to say at this point. Gunner does look a bit too high, but could have been a shot from the side or even rear quadrant where gun shield doesn't give protection.

Wouldn't you agree that his eye should be level with the barrel? Looking down the sights...

Wouldn't you agree that his eye should be level with the barrel? Looking down the sights...
I agree that sounds logical. Unless the gunner might stick his head up to get a better overall view and then drop down so eye is on sight level to fire away-I don't think that is happening though. The whole issue of gunners getting killed so fast in half tracks is a very contentious one. I do think they die far to quickly, but doesn't look like battlefront is going to change things. They can be stubborn at times.

I'm not the expert when it comes to German mech inf tactics in WW2. How far back did the HTs unload infantry when in contact? The battlefields in Combat mission are relatively small and players do tend to use what they have far more aggressively than probably was the case in real life. Perhaps if the half tracks were kept further back say 1000 meters and used the MGs in a suppressive fire mode then the casualty rates of gunners might be lower?

I know I usually tend to be pretty aggressive with half tracks and opponents too. Along with jeeps and trucks players often user half tracks as sacrificial lambs to draw enemy fire and determine positions. I tried to refrain from the practice, but after opponents did that to me I said may as well join the crowd...

One other factor-in Combat mission you can acquire AP ammo for your infantry squads. That could also be a factor.

In GT on the other hand I don't think there is a distinction when it comes to infantry squad weapons.

I'm not an expert either. And since both Combat Mission AND Graviteam have the halftrack gunner placed quite high, who am I to argue?

Still, it seems weird that he's not looking down the sights.

And weird that the germans would design a gunshield that doesn't protect the gunner.

It just makes no sense to me.

I ordered a book that apparently goes deep into the weeds on German tactics so maybe I’ll learn something.

One different I notice between GT and RT is the use and equipping of infantry units with smoke.

In Red Thunder Russian infantry lacks smoke grenades. Germans have smoke but usually limited to 1 use.

In Gravteam smoke is widely available all sides and seems to be more extensive. Gravteam takes place in an earlier timeframe too.

Which one is more accurate?

I see on Steam the latest update for Mius Front overhauls the UI. There's also a new DLC, Typhoon Rising recently released as well.

I guess I better dust this baby off and see what the UI looks like now.

Back