Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star

I tried Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 and really like the feel and the atmosphere. The haunting sounds of tanks approaching was exciting. Additionally it was encouraging to be able to specify the infantry formations. But I must say that having no option to be able to use area fire was a complete show stopper. There was no way to tell units to fire at an area. Only enemy units could be fired at. I've just never be able to adapt tactics to war fare where units must always hold fire until they see the enemy.

Is there an option to use "area fire" in Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star?

I bought DLCs on sale and I have started to play the game again after longer non-playing time. I have still the same feeling - the game has great atmosphere, great strategic part of playing (this I would really like to see in CM) and sometimes great behavior of troops... but it also has sometimes poor behavior troops and total crashed vehicle behavior in little more complicated terrain. In brief AI is unpredictable...

It is VERY rough around the edges, like others have pointed out already. Hard to cope with at times and frustrtingly tipical for eastern european game developers.
But what makes it even better than CM is the operational layer and its EXTREMELY immersive aesthetics and atmosphere!

One thing that is so important for atmosphere is that it plays in real-time!
CM is very sterile because of the savety of WEGO (real-time is quite unplayable in my view, so not an option). You are always cosy. In the command phase you have all the time in the world to make a tactical decision if you want - analysing situations, weighing risks and making the ideal chioce. You can micro-manage every damn corporal around in a battalion...

In GT:OS you have to be alert. You have to make decisions on the fly and constantly check on hints of emerging dangers. And when the crap really starts to fly you gotta make good tactical decisions in seconds . And hope your men don't screw up...
In that mess it creates it captures the chaos that is real war perfectly!
I have been sitting in front of my PC after rounds of GT:OS saying "Oh boy, intense..." repeatedly and still shaking from the adrenalin rush.
Never happens in CM...

Don't get me wrong: I love CM, too, but GT:SO has some things, CM just can't bring.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is VERY rough around the edges, like others have pointed out already. Hard to cope with at times and frustrtingly tipical for eastern european game developers.
But what makes it even better than CM is the operational layer and its EXTREMELY immersive aesthetics and atmosphere!

One thing that is so important for atmosphere is that it plays in real-time!
CM is very sterile because of the savety of WEGO (real-time is quite unplayable in my view, so not an option). You are always cosy. In the command phase you have all the time in the world to make a tactical decision if you want - analysing situations, weighing risks and making the ideal chioce. You can micro-manage every damn corporal around in a battalion...

In GT:OS you have to be alert. You have to make decisions on the fly and constantly check on hints of emerging dangers. And when the crap really starts to fly you gotta make good tactical decisions in seconds . And hope your men don't screw up...
In that mess it creates it captures the chaos that is real war perfectly!
I have been sitting in front of my PC after rounds of GT:OS saying "Oh boy, intense..." repeatedly and still shaking from the adrenalin rush.
Never happens in CM...

Don't get me wrong: I love CM, too, but GT:SO has some things, CM just can't bring.
Now onto the Mius Front perhaps?

Back