Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Gun talk

Bucky I did some more reading, and it seems the "Old" model Ruger Vaquero was offered in .44 magnum, but the "New" Vaquero is not, due to a smaller frame. I would consider looking for a used one.

Here is an old Vaquero in .44 magnum on Gunbrokers. New in box, according to the add. I'm tempted myself.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/786535491

Last edited:
Bucky I did some more reading, and it seems the "Old" model Ruger Vaquero was offered in .44 magnum, but the "New" Vaquero is not, due to a smaller frame. I would consider looking for a used one.

Here is an old Vaquero in .44 magnum on Gunbrokers. New in box, according to the add. I'm tempted myself.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/786535491
Hey MG, After watching Hickok's vid on the Ruger Super Blackhawk I am now a bit Leary of the .44. Possibly too much recoil. I am thinking of the Ruger Vaquero now in either .357 or .45. He seems sold on that one. He was shooting a .357 and it looked to be powerful enough. Although I would ideally like to keep the ammo for the Henry and the pistol the same, I'm having 2nd thoughts. I kinda want to be able to accurately shoot it with one hand, that .44 may be too much, your thoughts?

If the frame is heavy enough, which the super blackhawk's (and the "old" Vaquero) is, I don't think the recoil would be unmanageable. I know I have fired a .44 magnum revolver at some point, and I don't remember the recoil being a problem, I can't remember what model it was though.

OK, after some noodling with the Idea of buying a "cowboy" type pistol, I've decided that what I really want is a 1873 Colt SAA. Thats the kind the "cowboys" in the old western's were using..mostly. That said I have to go back and look at the .45 Uberti "Cattleman", it's a Colt clone, see video. Not being a gun expert I do rely on ol Hickok 45 for some advice along with some others I have seen. I really don't know shit about these guns other than I know what I want it to look like.

Last edited:
I traded a Mauser geha 12 gauge, and various other trinkets :)
I got a Honda dax 50 in return. It doesn´t run, but it has about 95 percent of all the original parts.
It was a happy day for both parties.

Got one of these a while back. Was smacking steel at 330, 440, and 550 yards rapid fire a couple weeks back. 6mm Creedmoor Bolt Gun. So much fun.

MPA-223BA-aa.jpg

Back