Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Gun talk

What's this? A German who supports a citizen's right to own firearms? Achtung!!

Anyway, I'm way behind on this thread. Inherited a couple of interesting guns from dad, and purchased a very nice pocket pistol. Expect some updates soon.

I'm a revolver guy. Always have been, probably always will be, though I do own a couple of semi-autos.

Here Paul Harrell sheds some light on magazine spring compression.

There is something about his style that I just like. I can also see how others would find him annoying.

I like Hickok45 too. That dude has my dream setup in his backyard!

I know nothing about guns other than they go bang. :) But the sci-fi nerd in me always had a soft spot for the G36 and FN90.
Gewehr_G36_noBG.jpg

P90--.png

Think I can one up your sci-fi nerd gun :p

38072421_10156749223429066_2217203723266949120_o.jpg

Stumbled on this in the Royal Armouries, Leeds a couple of years back. Under all the plastic furniture it's a Thompson with an underslung bit of Spas-12. Pity it was in the display case, but I guess it is a museum.

OK, going to go and look at AR15 type rifles with my brother next week. I will be Pricing them only. What are your guys opinions on the various models available?
I own a Glock .380 for my carry weapon, I could carry a Sig, but my Glock will get the job done. That’s how I want to approach my AR15 purchase.

Bravo Company Manufacturing (BCM) is my go to for AR-15s.

They are in the mid range for price and the top range for quality. Best value for your buck out there, bar none.

Forged upper receive, cold hammer forged barrel, made in the USA, magnetic particle inspected, staked gas keys, etc., etc, etc.. No short cuts taken.

I own 3. Dead nuts accurate and zero malfunctions.

I also own a JP which is top tier and very expensive. I honestly like my BCMs way better.

Just good luck getting one. Everyone is sold out. You will also not get your normal good price because of supply and demand.

Kids these days
Ya'll need to carry a 17th century smoothbore matchlock musket about
Minimum .72 caliber bore
With a full set of 'Dutch furniture '
And a rest with several meters of burning match
Extremely fun too to fire and you can always grab it by the barrel and use the fishtail stock as a club!
I dont really fire anything modern anymore
Well except for a 105mm on an M60 in my younger days :runner:

Kids these days
Ya'll need to carry a 17th century smoothbore matchlock musket about
Minimum .72 caliber bore
With a full set of 'Dutch furniture '
And a rest with several meters of burning match
Extremely fun too to fire and you can always grab it by the barrel and use the fishtail stock as a club!
I dont really fire anything modern anymore
Well except for a 105mm on an M60 in my younger days :runner:
I‘ll use my Henry 44 mag carbine for that

I‘ll use my Henry 44 mag carbine for that

The Henry 44 mag carbine isn't a bad gun at all for an old school "tactical" gun. The only issue is the cumbersome reloading on the models you and I purchased. Did you notice Henry is now making some side gate loading models? Makes me want to buy another one, and possibly sell my old one.

The Henry 44 mag carbine isn't a bad gun at all for an old school "tactical" gun. The only issue is the cumbersome reloading on the models you and I purchased. Did you notice Henry is now making some side gate loading models? Makes me want to buy another one, and possibly sell my old one.

Look at the Uberti replica...beautiful

My rifles are a Ruger 10/22 for plinking, an AR-15, 7mm mag. and a .338 Lapua mag. My sidearms are: .380 for my CC weapon, 9mm in a 1911 style pistol, a Ruger .45 ACP, a Taurus .44 mag and I just bought a western style .22LR for my wife.

Back