Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Hi everyone brand new combat mission player

C

CptKnuckle

Im brand new player to CM. Downloaded the demo for Normandy few years back but it didnt capture me then. Few weeks ago i had some wargaming itch and out of the blue i remembered this game and went on youtube to check out some videos of the gameplay. I came across Josey Wales multiplayer AAR, and after watching few of his videos i was sold on the storytelling and gameplay aspects :) went and tried the demo for blitzkrieg for few hours and then got CMBN big bundle with all the expansions. Now im thinking of getting Fortress Italy big bundle but want to pass some more time with Normandy. If i get everything at once i wont know what to play first. At the start of his videos he mentioned the few good men couple of times when mentioning his opponents so here i am :) after playing couple of the campaigns Task Force Raff, Devils Descent, Road to Montebourg ( favorite so far ) and Panzer Lehr, although i still struggle with good combination of movement and supporting fire especially artillery and still cant quite understand how the AI decides from which door to enter a building i think i have the basics down and im ready to get my nose bloodied in multiplayer. Went and did some digging around the forum and now i have dropbox and CMHelper set up. So if any new / newish player wants to play hit me up. I dont know how much of a challenge if any ill be to a veteran player but you know what they say you learn from your mistakes :). I also have and play To End All Wars, Gary Grigsby War in the East, PzC Bulge 44 Gold as i see there are sections for other games too. Anyhow stay healthy and best wishes to all.

Welcome aboard Cap't!
Glad to have you with us
I am sure you will have all the opponents you could ask for

Greetings, @CptKnuckle! You should soon receive @Hedgehog's Welcome Wagon hand-outs! They make good reading.

When you are ready for H2H play, consider using CMHelper to manage your matches.
Then, post your first request for a match either here or at the forum for the game(s) you own.

Welcome to The Few Good Men. Good luck and good gaming! Have fun.

Big welcome to the Club @CptKnuckle The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Welcome aboard! I'm new too...just getting smacked around in my first 2 H2H games. I was recently bitten by the bug too. After getting the CMBN big bundle, I just went all in on the SF2 big bundle! It's hard to resist MOAR COMBAT!

Back