Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

How to get awards and change my title?

You just have to be a cool dude, like, well, me!

;D

Your 'status' under your name is solely referencing your post count. There may or may not be a historic thread somewhere outlining the mechanics, with levels (for example) at 100, 200, 500, 1000 etc, with military-esque ranks associated with each.

Awards (ribbons) are mostly awarded for participation in a game tournemant on here. Mostly Combat Mission ones (with a tennis style elimination system), campaigns, and various other systems. Though there have been others (ARMA campaigns, Fields of Glory tournaments). Hover your mouse over anyone's awards to see what they got them for. Note though that we used to have a CM ladder system, wth yearly awards for particpating, but that has now been retired.

Hey folks, I dont play often, and I realize that the ladder has now shut down. But......... I was wondering if you have any system that records wins/loses?
It's just that I have had a couple of decent email wins in a mirror match, and I dont no where to crow about it.
My wife, and my workmates, dont seem all that fussed about it, and I wouldnt mind bucking for a promotion.
Cheers from downunder.

Hey folks, I dont play often, and I realize that the ladder has now shut down. But......... I was wondering if you have any system that records wins/loses?
It's just that I have had a couple of decent email wins in a mirror match, and I dont no where to crow about it.
My wife, and my workmates, dont seem all that fussed about it, and I wouldnt mind bucking for a promotion.
Cheers from downunder.

I'm not aware of anyway to record wins and losses but thinking about it I guess you could make it part of your signature.
I kind of like that idea really. Wish I kept a record. Although it would probably be a little disappointing in the won-loss columns ;)
You could always go to the Combat Mission WWII Titles and/or the Modern Titles and post a description and some screen shots of the action.
Everyone enjoys a good screenshot (y)
It would also help towards promotion seeing as the amount of postings determines your FGM rank.

That's why I go on to blather in several posts hoping that someday I might catch up to mTk. :cool:

I'm not aware of anyway to record wins and losses but thinking about it I guess you could make it part of your signature.
I kind of like that idea really. Wish I kept a record. Although it would probably be a little disappointing in the won-loss columns ;)
You could always go to the Combat Mission WWII Titles and/or the Modern Titles and post a description and some screen shots of the action.
Everyone enjoys a good screenshot (y)
It would also help towards promotion seeing as the amount of postings determines your FGM rank.

That's why I go on to blather in several posts hoping that someday I might catch up to mTk. :cool:
I am loving the mirror matches right now, and I have been playing solo for a good while, and understand how the games idiosyncracies work . up to a point.
What I dont know, is how to properly navigate in this space, to join in on the big campaign stuff, or how to ask the right question in the right way in the right area.
I will look for some screen shots, but for some reason my PC doesnt do the cutting tool, or screen shot stuff very well.
Cheers for the headsup.

@Grunter II I don't do CM (anymore) but checking in frequently and reading related CM post would be how I'd start.
Maybe in general, here for instance?
----
And specifically....
----
Good hunting. :2charge:

Last edited:
I am loving the mirror matches right now, and I have been playing solo for a good while, and understand how the games idiosyncrasies work . up to a point.
What I don't know, is how to properly navigate in this space, to join in on the big campaign stuff, or how to ask the right question in the right way in the right area.
I will look for some screen shots, but for some reason my PC doesn't do the cutting tool, or screen shot stuff very well.
Cheers for the heads-up.

Fixed your text.

You need to talk to @Titan .

Back