Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Ivanov Tournament for CMRT (finished)

Yes, it is still open. If you want to enlist, which I would like, please send me your dropbox email address via PM, so that I can send you the starting file.

First match already finished with a great success for @xmax. Very well played sir!

xmax m1.png
(I have cut out the German forces to not spoiler about their strength while other players are still playing)
xmax m1b.png
Platoon leader Ivanov alive and gained +1 extra tournament points.

@xmax tournament points for the 1st mission according to rule 3 are:

(battle score participant minus battle score game master minus 1 point for every participant friendly KIA minus 0.7 point participants friendly heavily WIA plus 1 point for every casualty inflicted by the Ivanov unit = tournament points for this mission)

27-0-(3x1)-(2x0.7)+1= 23.6 tournament points.

Last edited:
I have deleted it. I do not know what the spoiler could have been. Pease send me a hint via PM. Thanks!

edit: @xmax has good eyes. I changed the second screenshot according to his advice via PM.

Last edited:
The second match has also finished today. Unfortunately it has been a draw, as both sides blocked the Outpost (victory location), when the time ran out.
It has been a very, very close fight until the last second and you @Cargol had also been unlucky regarding the RNG. Unfortunately according to rule 2.4 a draw in mission 1 is not enough to stay inside the tournament.

Thanks for the exciting match sir!

Cargol m1.png
(German losses had to been cut out to not spoiler running matches)cargol m1a.png
Platoon leader Ivanov alive.

Last edited:
if its still open i would like to sign in
Yes, it is still open. I am going to send you a PM with details.

Now there is only one place left and late registration will remain open (for this single place) until 30th of May.

The third match has ended:
@SlySniper has earned a very strong result. Well played sir!
SlySniper m1.png
SlySniper m1a.png
Platoon leader Ivanov is alive and gained +2 extra tournament points.

@SlySniper tournament points for the 1st mission according to rule 3 are:

(battle score participant minus battle score game master minus 1 point for every participant friendly KIA minus 0.7 point participants friendly heavily WIA plus 1 point for every casualty inflicted by the Ivanov unit = tournament points for this mission)

27-0-(4x1)-(1x0.7)+2= 24.3 tournament points.

The 4th match has ended. @KGPanther secured 48 seconds before the end of the time limit the Outpost.
Well played sir, it has been an exciting match!

KGPanther m1.png
KGPanther m1a.png
Platoon leader Ivanov is alive and with his men inside the newly captured outpost.
He gained +3 extra tournament points.

@KGPanther tournament points for the 1st mission according to rule 3 are:

27-0-(8x1)-(2x0.7)+3 = 20.6 tournament points.

The 5th match has ended with great success for @jackal. Very well played sir!

Jackal m1.pngJackal m1a.png
Platoon leader Ivanov is alive and with his men in the newly captured outpost.
He has gained +7 extra tournament points.

@jackal tournament points for the 1st mission according to rule 3 are:
27-0-(1x1)-(3x0.7)+7 = 30.9 tournament points.

I assume this record points for mission 1 will be hard to beat, but there are still three matches running and we will see.

Last edited:
Tournament update:
Five matches for the 1st mission have already finished and the three matches still running are between file 007 to 021, while the maximum file number for mission 1 is 033.
According to rule 2.7 all players have 3 weeks, after receiving the first file, to finish the 1st mission. So everything is fine and the tournament has made good progress.

Mission 2 and 3 are bigger and more difficult with the third mission being a really hard nut to crack and there will be way more points to grab.

Last edited:
The 6th match has ended with an unbelievable success for @Raging Al , very well played sir! I am trilled!
@Raging Al did not only play the basics in a fantastic way, but he also did one thing different than all other player as far as I could see, but due to the fact that two matches are still running I can not reveal it.

Raging AI m1.pngRaging AI m1a.png
Platoon leader Ivanov alive close to the outpost and gained +5 extra tournament points.

@Raging Al tournament points for the 1st mission according to rule 3 are:
27-0-(1x1)-(0x0.7)+5 = 31 tournament points.

Last edited:
The 6th match has ended with an unbelievable success for @Raging Al , very well played sir! I am trilled!
@Raging Al did not only play the basics in a fantastic way, but he also did one thing different than all other player as far as I could see, but due to the fact that two matches are still running I can not reveal it.

View attachment 29275View attachment 29276
Platoon leader Ivanov alive close to the outpost and gained +5 extra tournament points.

@Raging Al tournament points for the 1st mission according to rule 3 are:
27-0-(1x1)-(0x0.7)+5 = 31 tournament points.
Thats crazy......1 casualty.....cant wait to see that secret

The 7th match has ended. @sspoom has fought bravely, but unfortunately the outpost could not be captured and sadly according to rule 2.4 therefore you can not continue in this tournament. @sspoom, you sir will always be welcome (invited) again to take part in my future tournaments, if you will like to take part again!

sspoom m1.png

Platoon leader Ivanov bravely 10m before the outpost in close quarter fight:
sspoom m1a.png

sspoom m1b.png

sspoom m1c.pngPlatoon leader Ivanov has survived!

The 8th match is still running and I have gentlemen agreement with A Canadian Cat so that we can already discuss tactics openly. Therefore I can open now this thread for discussion about the mission The Outpost.

Last edited:
The current (not final) ranking for the mission The Outpost:

ranking m1 not final 2.png

The following missions are bigger and will give more points.
Surprising and very good is, that so far Ivanov has always survived, even when fighting in close quarter.

Last edited:
Yes, the 2nd mission will start, after all participants will have finished the 1st mission.
I think that it will take several days until this will be the case and for that reason I have made a gentlemen agreement with A Canadian Cat so that we can use the waiting time to discuss tactics for mission 1, if there is an interest to do so?

Last edited:
From my point of view the 1st mission so far has played out mainly as intended. It is a bit sad that according to the rules at least two players can not continue the tournament, but I think that this rule (that you have to win the mission) has more positive effects than negative effects. Every participant is playing the mission blind (first time), with no ability to reload a save game or restart. It is this one attempt and if he does not win or loses Ivanov he has leave the tournament. I think this increases the excitement and the meaning in every mission?

One problem has appeared which had not been intended and this has been that the game engine, while setting up the starting file, has given in two matches (@SlySniper and A Canadian Cat) one German soldier more to fight. The sniper team had been set to 50%, but the game engine ignored it. These players have unintentionally been disadvantaged, but after I had informed them, they both graciously continued the match and accepted the greater challenge.

Overview map view for mission 1. Due to the fog of war the players had to decide without knowing the enemy positions. Only that there is a mounted (the German call this heavy) MG inside the outpost.
m1 overview.png

Nearly all of the 7 players moved their mobil elements near the stream until they had reached the point where they had been closest to the outpost. A few players flanked both sides with the main focus on the left. @Cargol had moved only through the right flank.
From my experience it has been successful to detach the DP light machine gun teams from the squads and place them on overwatch near the street line to cover the mobil element approaching near the stream and also suppress the German MG inside the outpost. The German MG can fire only at one DP team, while the Soviet can place three DP light Mg teams to counter.

Regarding the mortar fire mission in my opinion the idea from @Raging Al to set it on harass mode has been the best, because the German MG has been suppressed for several minutes while he got his DP light mg teams in position and they continued the suppression further until the outpost had been captured. All other player as far as I remember went with a fast mortar firing mission (heavy or close to heavy). My impression is that a longer firing mission reduces the morale more, than a shorter, but heavier one. But this is only my impression, I have not tested it.
Also it is to mention that some mortar mission did inflict casualties and some not. If the notorious inaccurate Soviet off map mortar fire mission had missed (RNG), then it became way more difficult for the player.

I have placed every time the sniper on the identical target arc to set an ambush (and deleted the target arc after the ambush). Sometimes it worked well and sometimes the sniper did get hit fast. There is some luck (RNG) in it, but having units on overwatch to return direct or indirect fire effectively and fast did help in dealing with the sniper in my experience.

What did the other players experienced? What did work and what not?

Last edited:
Back