Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Ivanov Tournament for CMRT (finished)

Ad hoc news:

I just discovered that CMRT has since a few weeks a new patch (2.13)

@KGPanther , @jackal , @Raging Al , @SlySniper please report if you have already patched to 2.13, or not?

It looks like from my match with Jackal that it causes problems, as he patched 2.13 and I am still running on 2.12.
Also @SlySniper has reported that he had problems using the breach command, but I do not know on which game version you are running?

Last edited:
I am on 2.12.

running the patch is just asking for issues unless everyone does it.

at this point it does not affect you and me since we are on the last turn.

Oh, the breach command worked, just not on the hex they were directed to.

Firing smoke from my mortars did not work multible times, then it did. dont figure.

Area fire has also been, maybe, maybe not.

So just some of the typical quirks I have come to expect, playing these games. Never sure if you will get the commands followed as inputed.

Well, boys, just finished.

Those flowers the boys were picking had some bees in them and then some of the guys choice of greenry around the flowers was also poor in that it was poison ivy.

So I am sad to report alot of guys needing to see the Doctor.

But the view is terrific from the top of the Bunkers as the boys sun bathe, drinik Vodka and eat some Cheese from the local farms after
Eliminating those Germans.

Hope your battles are going terrible wrong and that I will not have any of you joining me from this wonderful view.

(Note: there is no propaganda in these messages - they are the Truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth)

I am running 2.12 also. Didnt even know a new patch was out
Ad hoc news:

@KGPanther , @jackal , @Raging Al , @SlySniper please report if you have already patched to 2.13, or not?

It looks like from my match with Jackal that it causes problems, as he patched 2.13 and I am still running on 2.12.
Also @SlySniper has reported that he had problems using the breach command, but I do not know on which game version you are

Ad hoc news:

Also @SlySniper has reported that he had problems using the breach command, but I do not know on which game version you are running

But the view is terrific from the top of the Bunkers as the boys sun bathe, drinik Vodka and eat some Cheese from the local farms after
Eliminating those Germans.

Hope your battles are going terrible wrong and that I will not have any of you joining me from this wonderful view.
I’m just surprised that you stopped to enjoy the view, @SlySniper. My Ivanov has already moved on from the bunkers and is now storming the next defence line. Real heroes don’t bask in their own glory; there’ll be time for medals once he’s taken Berlin……….

Ad hoc news:

Also @SlySniper has reported that he had problems using the breach command, but I do not know on which game version you are running?
2.12 for me. I wasn’t interested in 2.13 just for PBEM+++

My Ivanov has already moved on from the bunkers and is now storming the next defence line. Real heroes don’t bask in their own glory; there’ll be time for medals once he’s taken Berlin……….

No hero's here, we will let you move on and take Berlin.

My men are more than fine, making this their new Home.

Plus, my units have figured out how big of a coward Ivanov is.

Seeing how he is interested in only saving his life in these battles instead of iengaging in the fight.

Which brings up a point as to this Tournament and format.

First I just want to thank Friedrich for all his work and effort in this Tournament. It has been maybe the most enjoyable Format I have ever Particibated in and

it has been a joy to go through it.

I have thought about doing something similar before, but having to play all battles as a Human AI in a sence kept me away from such a action.

But with his format for eliminating opponants it has the potential for me trying to maybe do something along these lines also in the future.

Anyway, well done.

Now for a few dislikes. I do dislike the rule about Ivanov and being eliminated from the Tournament if he is lost.
It leads to him not being used in the game play.
So my concept would be. If you lose him in battle and you win, next battle he is replaced with a lower level leader.
So he starts with a +2, the next leader a +1 if a third leader is needed, he would be a 0 or maybe a -1

As to scoring, I think there should be one more catagory that reflects enemy troop losses.
In battles where enemy troops are still alive at battle ends, the varience between players should have some weight to the outcome.

There was one other item I had but cannot remember it at the moment. So I will leave it with these two thoughts.

First I just want to thank Friedrich for all his work and effort in this Tournament. It has been maybe the most enjoyable Format I have ever Particibated in and

it has been a joy to go through it.

Thank you very much for your kind words sir.
I also had a lot of fun creating and conducting the tournament.

I have thought about doing something similar before, but having to play all battles as a Human AI in a sence kept me away from such a action.

But with his format for eliminating opponants it has the potential for me trying to maybe do something along these lines also in the future.
That would be great. I will be the first to enlist.

Now for a few dislikes. I do dislike the rule about Ivanov and being eliminated from the Tournament if he is lost.
It leads to him not being used in the game play.
So my concept would be. If you lose him in battle and you win, next battle he is replaced with a lower level leader.
So he starts with a +2, the next leader a +1 if a third leader is needed, he would be a 0 or maybe a -1

As to scoring, I think there should be one more catagory that reflects enemy troop losses.
In battles where enemy troops are still alive at battle ends, the varience between players should have some weight to the outcome.
Thanks for the constructive feedback. In my opinion the Ivanov rule is not perfect, but I do not know yet how to improve it.
One idea to counter hiding Ivanov has been that the players are getting +1 extra points for every kill the Ivanov unit has inflicted.
This has been implemented and it was a hint I have gotten from @Drifter Man (Thanks!)
In my opinion the Ivanov rule improves the tournament more than it is negative, but it is not optimal.
From my point of view letting the participants lose Ivanov only to get a new Ivanov with lower leadership skill is not enough punishment in my opinion, but having to leave the tournament is maybe bit too harsh.

Yes, scoring could be improved further.

I am currently working on a new tournament, which will be a format similar to the Ivanov tournament, but with some good improvements.
I will try to implement core units for the tournament and also improve the scoring system. Due to the time needed for map creation and playtesting the tournament will be probably ready around autumn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
The third match has finished, only one match is running.

Last edited:
yes put me down also !

im not finished yet but i thank friedrich also for putting up the tournament.
the rest wil come afther i finished the last one :devilish:

Thank you very much for your kind words sir.
I also had a lot of fun creating and conducting the tournament.

That would be great. I will be the first to enlist.

Thanks for the constructive feedback. In my opinion the Ivanov rule is not perfect, but I do not know yet how to improve it.
One idea to counter hiding Ivanov has been that the players are getting +1 extra points for every kill the Ivanov unit has inflicted.
This has been implemented and it was a hint I have gotten from @Drifter Man (Thanks!)
In my opinion the Ivanov rule improves the tournament more than it is negative, but it is not optimal.
From my point of view letting the participants lose Ivanov only to get a new Ivanov with lower leadership skill is not enough punishment in my opinion, but having to leave the tournament is maybe bit too harsh.

Yes, scoring could be improved further.

I am currently working on a new tournament, which will be a format similar to the Ivanov tournament, but with some good improvements.
I will try to implement core units for the tournament and also improve the scoring system. Due to the time needed for map creation and playtesting the tournament will be probably ready around autumn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
The third match has finished, only one match is running.
Im in for a new one as well

The Ivanov Tournament has ended!

First I want to thank again my really helpful play testers @Stafford and @Horza Omanid who tested and improved with good suggestions all three missions! Also @kranus who helped in mission 1 and @Drifter Man for his help and suggestions while checking my rulebook.

I did have great joy creating and conducting the tournament.

Also I want to thank all participants for taking part in the Ivanov tournament:
@Raging Al , @SlySniper , @Cargol , @xmax , @KGPanther , @sspoom , @jackal @A Canadian Cat

I am already in contact with @Gunner and @Bootie regarding the badges (medals) and I am sure they will create and implement really nice looking badges as a memory for the Ivanov tournament.

The results for the 3rd mission "Two Bridges" and the overall ranking will be published soon.

The battle versus @KGPanther in the 3rd and final mission "Two Bridges":
3rd mission KGPanther.png3rd mission KGPanther Ivanov.png

Unfortunately due to the defeat @KGPanther and according to the rules KGPanther does not take part in the final tournament ranking.

The battle result for @jackal in the final mission "Two Bridges":
3rd mission jackal.png3rd mission jackal ivanov.png

Unfortunately @jackal due to the defeat and according to the rules Jackal does not take part in the final tournament ranking.

@Raging Al has won the mission "Two Bridges"3rd mission raging ai result.png3rd mission raging ai .png
Major Ivanov survived, while one team member had stepped on a mine!

@Raging Al tournament points for the 3rd mission according to rule 3 are:

(battle score participant minus battle score game master minus 1 point for every participant friendly KIA minus 0.7 point participants friendly heavily WIA plus 1 point for every casualty inflicted by the Ivanov unit = tournament points for this mission)
156-0-(58x1)-(26x0.7)+0 = 79.8 tournament points.

Well played sir! Strong result!

@SlySniper has also won the final mission:
3rd mission SlySniper.png3rd mission SlySniper Ivanov.png

@SlySniper tournament points for the 3rd mission according to rule 3 are:

(battle score participant minus battle score game master minus 1 point for every participant friendly KIA minus 0.7 point participants friendly heavily WIA plus 1 point for every casualty inflicted by the Ivanov unit = tournament points for this mission)

156-0-(50x1)-(20x0.7)+0= 92 tournament points.

Very well played sir! Fantastic result!

congratz to the two winners.
it was a pretty hard nut .. that i couldn's crack.

my first smoke fell pretty bad what only made me move up some single sappers.
My armord car i used to light up the far bunker but it got shot by the PAK ( wich i tought was destroyed of the strange facing of the gun)
afther crossing i found the path trough the first minefield to blast the wire afther the wire i moved in and walked in the second minefield wich cost me a lot of guys and morale everything broke and runned back in the first mine field. the most of my forces where already thinned out when i made it to the first "wiederstandsnest" but the bunker still could hit my dudes entering the trenches the flametrower couldn't get right angle to hit the bunker and got shot by a lonesome amy carrier defending the rear trench. evertything broke again and runned back into the minefield.
soo that whas the point i knew i didn't gonna make the finish.
also around the last 11 minutes i did the update for the game. my units got strange names and bundled up in a shell crater wich i could't get out unfortunally. they had some good last moments over there untill they lisend and moved forward broke and ran of into the mines.
I failed my task but im pretty curios tot the AAR of the guys that did make it. (hopefully a bigger AAR than my small story dont got the time now unfortunally)

Again i want to thank @Friedrich for making this tournament, i really enjoyed it looking forward to the next ! from german perspective ?

1689074168888.png

Back