Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Just some random sh*t.

247081738_4562507090478290_1618653186662577339_n.jpg
Well it is.,,,

@Rico I hoped you'd see the In Shadow flick. As an illustrator I'm sure you can appreciate the artistic style.
So rich in imagery and symbolism, it kinda sums up all the world's evils eh?
And the ending is great. A reference to the mystical pineal gland (supposed center of extra sensory insights).
Each person becoming truly alive and awake (not 'woke'). :sneaky:

@Rico I hoped you'd see the In Shadow flick. As an illustrator I'm sure you can appreciate the artistic style.
So rich in imagery and symbolism, it kinda sums up all the world's evils eh?
And the ending is great. A reference to the mystical pineal gland (supposed center of extra sensory insights).
Each person becoming truly alive and awake (not 'woke'). :sneaky:

I've seen it before -- it's amazing (and depressing too in the beginning) -- worth another look.

Interesting ideas!

Putting yourself up to new challenges can unlock parts of your genes and build new neural networks.
This can happen in the body's nervous system and in the brain (neural plasticity).

Petterson compares this to the biblical story of Jonah and the whale.
By facing a challenge, you can 'rescue your father', in other words unlock potential in your genes, which comes from your ancestors.

Jordan Peterson is amazingly pragmatic in his approach and his ideas are spot on... The man is so "spot on" that if you mention his name lefty's and feminists all over the country sh*t all over themselves while invoking shrill paroxysms of vitriol aimed at him and people who agree with him. His last two books are amazing and worth your time to read. I love the guy, watch his podcasts all the time.

Ditto to what @HOA_KSOP said, I've listened to half of Jordan Petersons 10 Rules for Life while driving and he has some great advice, however I found that you have to be paying attention 100% of the time or it's very easy to lose the thread of what he's talking about. In breaking down the subject matter he can go down quite the rabbit hole of analogy.
I can usually only listen to a single chapter or so and then have to turn off to mentally digest for a while.

Ditto to what @HOA_KSOP said, I've listened to half of Jordan Petersons 10 Rules for Life while driving and he has some great advice, however I found that you have to be paying attention 100% of the time or it's very easy to lose the thread of what he's talking about. In breaking down the subject matter he can go down quite the rabbit hole of analogy.
I can usually only listen to a single chapter or so and then have to turn off to mentally digest for a while.
@Stafford nailed that, the books provoke a lot of thought and introspection. But Peterson's ideas are intricately conceptualized so it is heavy reading/listening. Not for the faint-hearted mainly because it is heavy stuff, not the usual self-help prattle fluff passing as intellectual discourse.

Back