Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Kampfgruppe Dutch Grenadier: Day 2, DAWN (03:00 - 06:00)

We were hit with about 4 hours worth of some of the worst lightning and thunder storms I have ever experienced here in JHB yesterday afternoon -- so all computers were unplugged -- no scenario building :(

The horror! :D I know how you feel fellow GM ;)

Will look at it shortly- excellent work for getting it sorted...

@Dutch Grenadier I have done the setup and we are up and running on this battle - given that I have contact both from the river line and from the flank (which means the river is compromised - are you still happy to authorise withdrawal if the Soviets are here in strength. Just looking to keep options open...

If you think you need to withdrawal then go ahead. Try to keep losses to a minimum Heer Hauptman

@Rico Battle up and running - Sorry did I say running - no we aren't running we are fighting - no thoughts of running here...

Just some early intel from my battle - we appear to have at least 2 SU76, plus supporting infantry and trucks to our east, with tank noise and the obligatory trucks to the North. I haven't encountered this type of Soviet recce unit before - it appears to consist of a large truck driven by a single soldier - interesting.

Will keep you posted.

Mein heren,

How are your batlle's going? Any news fromt the frontline.

DG out

Combat report Kompanie Mehlsack, meeting engagement at hex O5

The company did ride just 3 km along the road towards Kurgan when some T34/85 appeared at the horizon. The Panther of Leutnant Carius scored a prompt hit on one of them what caused the Russians to search cover behind a slope.

Our infantry established a hasty defense line around some barns left and right of the road using the cover of a declivous slope. The Russians approached slowly with tanks and infantry shielded by the slope. They came pretty close but were not able to overcome the final slope. Two times the Reds sent tanks in groups of 3 but our Panthers dominated the battlefield.

Our arty (120mm mortars) delivered harassing fire behind the slope with unknown effect since we had no proper LOS.

Primary goal was to avoid own tank losses what was achieved: 3 Panthers operational. Our infantry suffered from mortar fire und tank HE-rounds what caused losses of circa 25%. One 3,7-cm-AA-HT lost by direct hit.

@Nathangun
Enemy troops:
  • 1 Coy T34/85 (5 KOed of 10?)
  • 1 BA64 KOed (of 2?)
  • (1 Coy?) rifle infantry mounted on trucks and HTs (mortar, MG, AT-rifle)
  • No arty so far
  • No air force so far

Back