Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

KING OF JERUSALEM: Swords & Scimitars Tourney - Round 5: need one more player

@Rico and I are playing a careful start to a tricky looking battle. I'll try to get some screenshots in, I need to work that one out.

My battle vs @chiquichops was a cagey stand off across the stream in the middle of the battlefield (it kinda became a third player...LOL) ... with my horse archers darting across to try and wear down the crusader horse and crossbow units.

Battle eventually mostly devolved into two separate battles... on the left a mostly infantry struggle, as the Crusaders crossed the stream, were pushed back and are now fighting on the stream itself.

FOG2Medieval 2021-10-06 07-39-49-368.jpg

On the right was the cavalry fight, with the loop in the stream and that rough area beyond limiting freedom of movement severely... but I think the Saracens have prevailed here.

FOG2Medieval 2021-10-06 07-39-54-297.jpg

Fascinating and challenging contest this battle.

It is an interesting fight, I thought the river was on my side until my infantry were pushed back into it. It's tough dealing with Mamluks when your own men are so unmanoeuverable. My crossbowmen helped there, keeping my left flank covered but it's all falling apart now. @Rico has been persistent and patient, the careful approach paid off, I think. I rate the Mamluks pretty highly, they were after all one of the few armies to seriously defeat the Mongols in open battle.
I'm hanging in there, what else can I do?

The Mamluks vanquished my crusaders in a well-deserved 21% - 52% win. You can recycle me back to the bottom as soon as you like @Rico . If at first...

The Mamluks vanquished my crusaders in a well-deserved 21% - 52% win. You can recycle me back to the bottom as soon as you like @Rico . If at first...
Will do.

Was a great fight -- I guess I had the advantage that my horse archers could "reach out" across the stream and share some arrow showers. :) ... aptience paid off for me in the end.

First battle complete -- my Seljuk Turks and their Mamluk horse archers score a victory over @chiquichops 's Crusaders.

@chiquichops is eliminated and rejoins the list of challengers for the next round.

King of Jerusalem 001b.jpg

BATTLES

Middle tier/Throne Challenge
: @mTk (Crusader) vs @HOA_KSOP (Saracen)

Bottom Tier

Battle 1: @chiquichops (Crusader) vs @Rico (Saracen) -- Winner: @Rico (52-21%)

Battle 2: @Mad Mike (Crusader) vs @olaf (Saracen)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BATTLE SETTINGS
For this opening encounter it's First Crusades time period. Either player can set up the challenge.

Crusader 1096 - 1099 (Allies: Armenian Cilicia 1080 - 1099) vs Seljuk Turks (West) 1037 - 1154

Medium force size and map, Middle Eastern Agricultural

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck all, let's have some fun battles!

CHALLENGERS

1. @chiquichops

@mTk 's Crusaders defeat @HOA_KSOP 's Saracens and this means @mTk will be crowned our first King of Jerusalem next turn.
(he will need to sit out a round while the rest of us sort ourselves out to see who'll be the next throne challenger.)

King of Jerusalem 001c.jpg

BATTLES

: @mTk (Crusader) vs @HOA_KSOP (Saracen) -- Winner: @HOA_KSOP

Bottom Tier

Battle 2: @Mad Mike (Crusader) vs @olaf (Saracen)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BATTLE SETTINGS
For this opening encounter it's First Crusades time period. Either player can set up the challenge.

Crusader 1096 - 1099 (Allies: Armenian Cilicia 1080 - 1099) vs Seljuk Turks (West) 1037 - 1154

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGERS

1. @chiquichops

2. @HOA_KSOP

Last edited:
@olaf @Mad Mike -- you guys nearly done with your battle?

Preferred two weeks battle time limit runs out tomorrow.
I'm afraid we're still some turns away from resolving this.
I couldn't play yesterday at all, spending the day mainly in bed, trying to recover from some nasty stomach flu.

Anyway, the battle is progressing, but probably won't be finished by tomorrow.

There we go. My saracens take the field with 54 - 21 against MikeMUC. GG!

Round 1 is a wrap with final battle going to @olaf with a Saracen victory.

King of Jerusalem 001d.jpg

BATTLES

: @mTk (Crusader) vs @HOA_KSOP (Saracen) -- Winner: @HOA_KSOP

Bottom Tier

Battle 2: @Mad Mike (Crusader) vs @olaf (Saracen) -- Winner: @olaf (54-21%)

BATTLE SETTINGS

CHALLENGERS

1. @chiquichops

2. @HOA_KSOP

Last edited:
Back