Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Man, do I HATE playing in "Iron" mode

"There is no Place like 'Iron', there is no Place like 'Iron'...Sorry guys, but 'Iron' Mode is the only way to go'.

Now, if BF can finally introduce a 'Super Iron' Mode..:sneaky:

Joe

Such a "Super Iron Mode" would be really great! (y) One should then no longer be able to see the map from a bird's eye view, but only through the eyes of the individual units. You could then only click from one unit to another, but a general overview of the map would no longer be possible after the match has started. You will always be connected to one of your units - no "free camera" possible (only after the match). Just like it is in ego-shooters e.g. like "Hell let Loose" or "Post Scriptum" but instead of seeing through the eyes of only one character, you can jump from unit to unit and see what they see (and hear).

And all unenlightened terrain would only be seen as a kind of hand-made sketch and/or it just remains in a dynamic fog of war.

This would be an entire new experience of playing Combat Mission (more realistic) and also a big step to help reducing the "borg's view" problem.

a general overview of the map would no longer be possible after the match has started.
There would in that case be the need of a map similar to what the officers had on the battlefield so you can keep track on where your units are.

You mean if friendly infantry is close to the enemy target? Will tanks hold fire in that case?

I'm pretty sure they will not hold fire - I've lost guys that way. The example I ran into the other day is where a tank was firing on some enemy infantry and had not spotted a friendly tank in the LOF. The friendly tank took and HE round up the tail pipe and was KO'ed. I'm pretty sure that would not have happened if the tank was spotted. I was surprised anyway.

a tank was firing on some enemy infantry and had not spotted a friendly tank in the LOF. The friendly tank took and HE round up the tail pipe and was KO'ed. I'm pretty sure that would not have happened if the tank was spotted. I was surprised anyway.

I'm doubly surprised, since friendly tank shells usually pass straight through friendly tanks.

Bulletpoint said:
You mean if friendly infantry is close to the enemy target? Will tanks hold fire in that case?

Right. Not if they don't/can't see proximate friendlies.

Maybe you are talking about real life now. I meant in the context of the game - I don't think tanks hold fire if they have friendly infantry contact markers close to the target point.

Last edited:
Back