Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Members Past & Present

BBrus, a year ago at my brother's birthday.

318946_10151957145549386_1178913335_n.jpg

This one is older, from 2007. I won a raffle at the island's flying club to take a ride around the south part of the island. The pilot let me handle it most of the flight (which I didn't expect at all!), and that was one little dream fulfilled.

368_31748584385_8867_n.jpg

A few years later some of my friends had already finished their pilot courses (I chose to course higher studies first as a 'contingency plan'). One of them invited me to Valencia and he took me to the Requena Aerodrome. We spent the whole day flying and doing touch and goes. The best part of it is that we made turns to fly and I had the chance to take off, land and navigate. Probably one of the best days in my life so far.

Don Quixote's land from above. Near Cuenca (Castille - La Mancha):

427708_10150556406024386_745955075_n.jpg

Excellent pictures. I wouldnt trust myself flying.... I'd be too busy trying barrel rolls and dive bombing to even consider it.

Hehe! I remember my friend told me not to roll the airplane that much when turning. I used to make 45º turns after reaching the safety altitude. I guess those flight simulators have something to do with it. :D

I remember the first time (and only time) I got to fly a plane, and as I sat myself behind the controls and gripped the stick enthusiastically, the instructor leaned across smiling and said 'oh ho fighter pilot are we?'

If he only knew the hours I had racked up on F16's, Apaches and Tornadoes (on more computers than I care to remember) before I deigned to fly his 'Warrior'.

Loved every minute of it tho. Except my head kept telling me I was just in a car - but considerably higher...

CDavid on the left, that's the Hungarian cadet's parade uniform. (It's me also on the avatar pic)

8ksi.jpg

Was in the RAMC (Royal Army Medical Corps) as a combat medical technician (medic).

Nice! I served in the Dutch army armored recon infantry.

I done all sorts of stuff. spent a lot of time working in Jungle environment (Brunei) doing both ground support and helicopter winch medic support. That stuff was fun. But spent most of my time working in armoured units. loved every second of it all.

@Bootie

Feel free to steal the pic from post 49 of this thread for my the rogues gallery. I actually look better than that now after losing 14.5kg (32 poundish) and counting. Will need to buy new wardrobe though which sucks. :rolleyes:

Back