Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

most realistics mods ?

Sure, there you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/k22kkjacbraqcrv/sound.rar?v=0mcn

I'm very happy with garand and mg42, they sound quite real - mg42 compared to youtube videos and garand according to a friend who shot one. Also, most guns are the best I could find from available mods. The cracks of bullets passing by should be pretty realistic as well instead of movie-like zips most mods have.

Mods used for the mix: AKD sound mod, SFX 1.2.5, Real Guns of war v2 - so all credit goes to authors of course :)

Mind you, I cannot find entirely satisfactory sounds to some guns though, namely vickers, m1917, thompson gun, so if you have any suggestions where I can get best sounds for these I'd be grateful :)

Sure, there you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/k22kkjacbraqcrv/sound.rar?v=0mcn

I'm very happy with garand and mg42, they sound quite real - mg42 compared to youtube videos and garand according to a friend who shot one. Also, most guns are the best I could find from available mods. The cracks of bullets passing by should be pretty realistic as well instead of movie-like zips most mods have.

Mods used for the mix: AKD sound mod, SFX 1.2.5, Real Guns of war v2 - so all credit goes to authors of course :)

Mind you, I cannot find entirely satisfactory sounds to some guns though, namely vickers, m1917, thompson gun, so if you have any suggestions where I can get best sounds for these I'd be grateful :)

I downloaded your SFX compilation and compare them to my own compilation. Maybe I find different sounds for the above mentioned guns to satisfy your needs. And maybe mine if there are better sounds in your mix than mine :)

Nice sound mix! It's very similar to what I put together. Wish I could point you to better sounds for the weapons you're trying to replace, but I really haven't found any either. I'm just using the ones from akd's mod for now.

The cracks of bullets passing by should be pretty realistic as well instead of movie-like zips most mods have.

That was one of the first things I changed too.

I think the easiest way of doing mods (at least for this community) is for someone to merge a whole lot of popular mods together in a zip folder and post a combined file on a website or dropbox. I did a whole lot of Aris mods together for a few others a while ago but it takes time to upload.

Something like...
- Popular Terrain
- Aris Axis Vehicles
- Aris Allied Vehicles
- Popular UI / Portrait etc.

Then users don't need to download 100 odd individual files, can just sort out which ones they want from one big file.
I second the above fantastic idea. I wish I had time to do this.

It's a long weekend here maybe I could get around to do this for the FGM community if there is any interest...

Just note I don't use unit specific decals in my games. But I'm also keen to actually play GL even though my preorder has been sitting on my hard drive for a week. :oops: Stupid work...

I'm glad you guys liked the mix :) If you happen to find any better sounds for some weapons that could be replaced please let me know, I'm always looking for more realistic ones :)
I do have doubts about artillery strike sounds as well, they might be hollywood stuff, but it's sort of difficult to know unless someone has RL experience with arty and was close to impact zones...

poesel71
Thank you for pointing this out, I did not realise that some sounds cause problems on the Mac. Since I only play on PC I never noticed this.

The right sound for artillery rounds is best described from my experience as the air ripping. Sounds like hands are tearing the air down the middle. Mortars impact with more of a crack than boom in my experiences as well. We used to get hit by 60 to 120 pretty much once a day. The average at the end of the deployment was 1.3 indirect attacks a day on our Combat Outpost.

once again thank you for the input. I use quite a few mods and they really do add to the atmosphere especially sounds.

Gentlemen I've merged all the mods I use for CMBN into 4 'Categories' sort of like what I listed above. Ready to be shared but Dropbox probably not going to like all of these at once. All I need is a place to upload them to and it will save you time from downloading everything separately. All files are around 300mb but terrain is 800 mb.

If Bootie is feeling generous maybe we can have an FGM Certified Mod Pack for hosting on the site. :D Probably not I know. Will update you a little later when things get uploaded to dropbox.

That would probably cripple the speed of the site as I suspect it would be very popular. How about we share the load... 1 file each in dropbox and we can just have a thread here with links to the files, whats in them and when they are updated?

Uploading CMBN to Dropbox now as releases are a little stable. There are four parts will start a thread when it's ready. ;) CMFI is a little problematic as Aris is releasing GL stuff for it every second day as well as other existing mods needing to be updated for GL - so there is little point to do that at the moment.

Uploading CMBN to Dropbox now as releases are a little stable. There are four parts will start a thread when it's ready. ;) CMFI is a little problematic as Aris is releasing GL stuff for it every second day as well as other existing mods needing to be updated for GL - so there is little point to do that at the moment.
Can I join your DB and download? Thanks for doing this!!!!!

Just another recommendation. The new soundmod by warclaw is execellent. I just had to a few files
to fit my needs. But generally I think it is the best one out there!

Back