Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

New CM Master Map - Buron Environs

Kandu

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
About two years ago I started a master map of Buron and surrounding villages. When I was about half-way done I stumbled upon Yurievich's nicely done 'Bloody Buron' map and scenario. I liked how he had adapted the map to CM's diagonal and orthogonal constraints - something I always struggled with since I usually prefer to distort my maps as little as possible. A few weeks ago I decided to complete my original map since it was considerable larger and offer it to the community as a master map for quick battles. This map and my recently posted Villiers le Sec are great maps for tank battles in Normandy.

Attachments

• B1S.jpg
    B1S.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 19
  • B2SW.jpg
    B2SW.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 17
  • B3SE.jpg
    B3SE.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 17
  • B4SEGrnd.jpg
    B4SEGrnd.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 18
  • B5SGrnd.jpg
    B5SGrnd.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 18
  • B6.jpg
    B6.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 18
  • B7.jpg
    B7.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 19
  • B8.jpg
    B8.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 19
  • B9.jpg
    B9.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 19
  • B10.jpg
    B10.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 18
I think it was Rocko years ago that did a Master Map covering the entire Canadian 3rd Division corridor for June/July 1944. I remember it because he had to stop just north of Carpiquet and that's where I took over. Can try to hunt down that old map if you'd like.

I think it was Rocko years ago that did a Master Map covering the entire Canadian 3rd Division corridor for June/July 1944. I remember it because he had to stop just north of Carpiquet and that's where I took over. Can try to hunt down that old map if you'd like.
Fantastic. it would be great to get a hold of the full map or maps. Rocko, or Rokko was the handle he used in the forum and also associated with the map but in the included Designer's note he identifies as Yurievich, the latter I assume is his real name.

Your maps look fantastic. It must take you a lot of time researching and building them. I like to build maps also but they are purely functional.

Back