The Lions of Carpiquet
Operation Windsor, July 4th 1944.
The Canadian 8th Brigade is tasked with taking Carpiquet and the adjacent airfield. The 12SS Panzer Division stands in their way. Carpiquet is a fortress. Take command of a reinforced Canadian Infantry Brigade and crack the German defenses to the west of Caen.
Included in this download:
• The Campaign File – Copy this into the “Campaign” folder of your CMBN directory.
• A ‘z’ folder – Contains compulsory mods that are already mod tagged and ready to go. If you do not copy this folder to your existing mod folder the maps will look really silly!
• Operation Windsor – The Overlooked Battle – A scenario ‘history’ document outlining my final thoughts on the battle and the concessions I had to make in designing this campaign. SPOILER FILLED! The Scenario designer notes if you will. This is a separate document so the in game briefing field can be spoiler free.
• 4 x blank Master Maps
• Northern Map covering the village and northern approach.
• Southern Map covering the southern hangers, airfield and eastern control buildings.
• ‘Clean’ and ‘Damaged’ versions of each.
All CMBN modules including the vehicle pack is required.
|WHAT VERSION OF COMBAT MISSION IS THE FILE FOR?||CM : BATTLES FOR NORMANDY|
|WHAT IS THE SCENARIO / MAP TITLE?||The Lions of Carpiquet|
|FILE TYPE?||SCENARIO VS AI ONLY|
|DOES THE SCENARIO / MAP REQUIRE BATTLEFRONT DLC OR MODS?||YES [PLEASE ADVISE WHAT IS REQUIRED IN DESCRIPTION FIELD]|
|WHAT SIZE IS THE BATTLE?||HUGE|
|WHAT ARE THE MAP DIMESIONS?||4km x 4km|
|WHAT TYPE OF BATTLE IS THIS?||ASSAULT|
|WHAT IS THE LENGTH OF THE SCENARIO?||MORE THAN 1 HOUR 29 MINUTES|
|WHERE IS THE SCENARIO / MAP BASED?||FRANCE [BATTLES FOR NORMANDY]|
|WHEN IS THE SCENARIO BASED?||JULY 1944|
|WHAT TIME OF DAY IS THE SCENARIO BASED?||DAWN|
|WHAT IS THE WEATHER IN THE SCENARIO?||THICK HAZE|
|NATIONALITY OF SIDE ONE||Canada and Britain|
|NATIONALITY OF SIDE TWO||German – Waffen SS|
|THIS SCENARIO IS BEST PLAYED AS…||SIDE ONE VS AI|
10 thoughts on “The Lions of Carpiquet”
Downloaded. Thanks Ithikial for all your time and effort.
Thanks mate, hope you enjoy.
I cannot seem to open this documnet, could it be re-posted as a regular zip file or can I get it sent to me directly as an uncompressed file?
Mmmm first I heard of that. Do you have 7Zip installed?
If you still can’t get it to work please PM me on the forums. (Ithikial_AU at BFC, Ithikial at the FGM)
I use a Mac so I am unsure of the zip version. The file looked odd when it downloaded and I sent it to a pc buddy and he could not open it either. Is there a way you could just send me the file unzipped?
Ithikial, I just Started playing and I am keeping a very lightweight AAR along it. I am using Google Docs so if you want some feedback on the campaign, let me know I will drop you a link to it.
Hi, mac player as well. Can you add a zip file. Many thanks!!! Look forward to playing it.
hey mac players– use this for 7z files– works great and is free http://osxdaily.com/2010/12/13/open-7z-files-on-a-mac/
I have just split the file in two and added it as zip files… save you any hassle.