Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Possibly buying... Recommend?

Actually, I'm starting to think that i'm going to get one of the shock force games. Which one is the best? (I kind of want to use U.S. Military forces though...)

Get CMSF and then you can add modules, Marines, British, and NATO... They have deals on the modules sometimes...

alrighty... one more thing. Upon viewing videos, It doesn't look like there are very many options for the make-up of your forces when choosing them in the editor. Or am I just mistaken?

alrighty... one more thing. Upon viewing videos, It doesn't look like there are very many options for the make-up of your forces when choosing them in the editor. Or am I just mistaken?
The only thing I have found is you have to select say, a whole Battalion and then pair it down to what you want... one flaw would be if you do a lot of pairing in different units you end up with a few too many HQ's, when designing a scenario though you can make these reinforcements and schedule them to come in later then the battle runs...

@GrandSherman

Actually, within the mission editor, in the "units selection" section, there are options which allow one to just pick a company, or platoon. These are independant from the whole Battalions Fredrocker mentions. And, I would mention, pairing down the Battalion selection is quite easy and really not at all cumbersome. Get all the modules if you can, there are so many TO&Es which allow one to create some rather interesting and realistic missions. Fredrocker's missions are really some of the best.

Oh! that's okay, thanks for the info guys... I see it now, you hit the plus-minus buttons and it gives you more options. I think...?

oh and one more thing... (yes i know, spitting out the questions like crazy) Do you need a pretty good PC to run it?

oh and one more thing... (yes i know, spitting out the questions like crazy) Do you need a pretty good PC to run it?
Here are the SUGGESTED SPEC for CMBN (since you will be getting that down the road) :)... The more umphf over these specs the better....

•Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/Win7
•Processor: Pentium IV 2.8 GHz or equivalent speed AMD processor or better
•Video Card: GeForce 6800 or Radeon x850 (256 Megabyte VRAM or better and must support 1024x768 or higher resolution) in OpenGL
•Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
•System Memory: 1 Gigabyte or more RAM
•Hard Drive Space: 4 Gigabyte
•Other Requirements: CD Drive (not needed for download version, but recommended for backup)
•The game does not work in a virtualized environment (virtual machine)

Back