Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

RECONQUISTA: FOG Medieval Tourney

The Muslim counter-attack into BARCELONA ends with a hard-fought Muslim victory.
(that said, @Wellsonian got screwed over by the game royally ... me as the Muslim player got more rallies than I've ever seen in a FOG battle before)

I'll probably kick off Turn 6 -- with Don @chiquichops 's charge on GRANADA -- on the weekend some time.

View attachment 27163

TURN 5 BATTLES

BATTLE 1
: PORTO @Rico vs @Wellsonian - Muslim Victory

BATTLE 2: SEVILLA - @chiquichops vs @Nelson1812 - Leon Victory

BATTLE 3: BURGOS - @Nelson1812 vs @chiquichops - Castille Victory

BATTLE 4: BARCELONA - (MUSLIM Counter-attack) - @Wellsonian vs @Rico - Muslim Victory

Yeah, the rally every turn didn’t help, but @Rico played a smart game, which really didn’t help!

The Muslim counter-attack into BARCELONA ends with a hard-fought Muslim victory.
(that said, @Wellsonian got screwed over by the game royally ... me as the Muslim player got more rallies than I've ever seen in a FOG battle before)

I'll probably kick off Turn 6 -- with Don @chiquichops 's charge on GRANADA -- on the weekend some time.

View attachment 27163

TURN 5 BATTLES

BATTLE 1
: PORTO @Rico vs @Wellsonian - Muslim Victory

BATTLE 2: SEVILLA - @chiquichops vs @Nelson1812 - Leon Victory

BATTLE 3: BURGOS - @Nelson1812 vs @chiquichops - Castille Victory

BATTLE 4: BARCELONA - (MUSLIM Counter-attack) - @Wellsonian vs @Rico - Muslim Victory
This is so apt. I'm in Mexico DF now, planning my return trip to Granada after a year away. Will I arrive to receive the keys to the city? Let's hope so.

We kick off TURN 6!

The Kingdom of Leon with Don @chiquichops in command makes their decisive attack on GRANADA (if he captures it, he wins the tourney with an unbroken sting of victories) -- Sultan Ibn Bin @Rico has the unenviable task of defending the last Muslim stronghold.

This turn is Don @Nelson1812 's turn to face a Muslim counter-attack.

reconquista turn 6a.jpg

TURN 6 BATTLE SETTINGS
Castilian (1400 - 1475) vs Berber (Marinid) (1320 - 1465)
MAP: Mediterranean Hilly
Battle Type: Open Battle
Battle size: Medium

Either player can set up.

TURN 6 BATTLES

BATTLE 1
: PORTO @Rico vs @Nelson1812

BATTLE 2: GRANADA - @chiquichops vs @Rico

BATTLE 3: BURGOS - (Muslim Counter-attack) - @Nelson1812 vs @Wellsonian

BATTLE 4: BARCELONA - @Wellsonian vs @chiquichops

The armies of PORTUGAL finally capture PORTO ... Good fight Don @Nelson1812 , Sir -- could've gone either way!

reconquista turn 6b.jpg

TURN 6 BATTLE SETTINGS

TURN 6 BATTLES

BATTLE 1
: PORTO @Rico vs @Nelson1812 -- Portugal Victory

BATTLE 2: GRANADA - @chiquichops vs @Rico

It's pretty touch and go here at the gates to Granada. It might be that the Leonese steamroller has been stopped at last :(

The armies of Don @chiquichops and the Kingdom of Leon have been held at the gates of GRANADA by the valiant Muslim defenders with a 61% - 41% victory.
The battle looked a total loss as the Berber left flank was crushed and the main line infantry was smashed through by the knights of Leon --- but somehow midway through it swung the other way as the knights were isolated, surrounded and routed by Berber light cavalry and camel lancers. Good game, @chiquichops -- neither of us really had any idea how that swing-around happened.

reconquista turn 6c.jpg

TURN 6 BATTLE SETTINGS

TURN 6 BATTLES

BATTLE 1

BATTLE 2: GRANADA - @chiquichops vs @Rico -- Muslim Victory

Last edited:
The armies of Don @chiquichops and the Kingdom of Leon have been held at the gates of GRANADA by the valiant Muslim defenders with a 61% - 41% victory.
The battle looked a total loss as the Berber left flank was crushed and the main line infantry was smashed through by the knights of Leon --- but somehow midway through it swung the other way as the knights were isolated, surrounded and routed by Berber light cavalry and camel lancers. Good game, @chiquichops -- neither of us really had any idea how that swing-around happened.

View attachment 27282

TURN 6 BATTLE SETTINGS

TURN 6 BATTLES

BATTLE 1

It was a great fight, well done @Rico . I very nearly had it and it just slipped away in a turn or two. Gripping.
Currently, things are looking tricky for Aragon and @Wellsonian as a horrible map bogs down his advance.

Ps. @Rico , that's the first time I've seen your camel lancers get it right, they usually fold or go off on a jolly jaunt into the hills :D

The Marinids defeated AragĂłn in a bitter fight. A few more turns might have seen a different result. The hilly rough ground suits the Marinid light troops pretty well and the Arab spearmen are definitely up to scratch.

That's TURN 6 concluded.

Muslim counter-attack captures BURGOS from Castille and Aragon fails to capture BARCELONA yet again.

Unusual turn with 3 Muslim victories -- those Marinid Berbers were tough armies to beat.

reconquista turn 6d.jpg

TURN 6 BATTLE SETTINGS

TURN 6 BATTLES

BATTLE 1

BATTLE 3: BURGOS - (Muslim Counter-attack) - @Nelson1812 vs @Wellsonian -- Muslim Victory

BATTLE 4: BARCELONA - @Wellsonian vs @chiquichops -- Muslim Victory

We move on to TURN 7 of Reconquista -- no more Muslim Counter-attacks for last 2 turns.

Don @chiquichops still at the gates of GRANADA, Don @Rico making a push for LISBON ... and Don @Nelson1812 and Don @Wellsonian not really getting out of the starting gates.

We're coming back full circle to the earliest Reconquista armies of 11th Century.

reconquista turn 7a.jpg

TURN 7 BATTLE SETTINGS
Catalan (1050 - 1136) vs Andalusian (1050 - 1154)
MAP: Mediterranean Wooded

TURN 6 BATTLES

BATTLE 1
: PORTO @Rico vs @chiquichops

BATTLE 2: GRANADA - @chiquichops vs @Wellsonian

BATTLE 3: BURGOS - @Nelson1812 vs @Rico

BATTLE 4: BARCELONA - @Wellsonian vs @Nelson1812

Back