Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Revell 1/76 M24 Chaffee

Plastic Cement contains acetone which melts the plastic and welds it together. If paint is on the plastic the melt does not happen. The reason it needs to be scraped off. It will stick, but sometimes paint to paint which might chip off leaving the parts coming apart. I don't think you have to worry too much, I can tell your being careful and professional, and the stresses of sitting on a shelf are minimal. On the other hand, if you were building a RC model this could be a big problem. I pre-painted HMCS Snowberry a few years ago and I am constantly reglueing parts. It just sits on the shelf.

The box cover looks like the tank has a camo pattern on it. I don't think I've seen that much in allied WW II tanks. Am I wrong?

LOL I am re-thinking this whole paint before assembly thing... maybe I will build it first. :indecisiveness:

For the glue I will be using Super glue gel... looks like pretty easy stuff to use...

Yes I am a little suspicious of the camo... but either way, its more fun to do camo than it is to do one solid color.

Here is the illustration on the box:

rmg3213.jpg

It does look like camo. It may be the artist representing dirt. I'm using the gel glue and the plastic cement on my Tiger. The liquid plastic cement is really nice to use. Because of the gel cement my index finger is permanently attached to my forehead.

Well this is just great... the box art and instructions are so misleading... I bought colors that they listed in the instructions, but there is no way that camo was ever used... maybe ill use the dark green I bought for parts of the ground...

Cut some of the bigger pieces... A LOT harder than I thought.

DSCI0559.jpg

I just started painting my Tiger 1. If you want to check my latest post I have some pictures. They may help.

That's a great model...it's one of the old Matchbox range that was purchased by Revell when they went under. A lot of modellers cut their teeth on the marvellous Matchbox models and their little diorama bases...

Model master paints are a little thin out of the box, so I would suggest two coats. Normally a single brush painted coat will do the job if the paint is un-thinned....at least, that's how it happened when I was 12 :)

PS...I'd paint once its constructed too..but before I put the tracks on.

Yup, i'll be putting on 2 coats then probably. Its small of course too so it shouldn't be a big deal. :)

Did a little bit of filing... soon as I get some stuff glued i'll post more photos... In the mean time maybe i'll take some of the dog... :p

Still nothing glued! :(
Never seem to have the time to really go at it, but maybe this weekend?? Also, I'm a bit scared of the gluing part. Especially the main chassis. I'm a 2d artist not 3d!... But, I thought i'd give the whole thing a shot. ;)

30 years later I have successfully found the time to work on my model!

Pretty happy I didn't destroy my entire project gluing parts of the chassis on...

DSCI0601.jpg

DSCI0603.jpg

Looks good.

Like the man said, mistakes and glue are either battle damage or, when painted a mud colour, they're....mud.

Mud, mud, glorious mud! Nothing like mud to.....er....cover up our stuff-ups :)

Back