Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Revell 1/76 M24 Chaffee

Well, really haven't been on my computer very much this month, but I did get some more work done on my model.
I attended a scale modelers club up in Milwaukee to check out some other people's work, and I was very impressed! It's funny being the only youngster at the whole club...
In fact, some guy walked up and handed me a free model kit! :) Made me want to run home and pound out the rest of my model in one night :D Of course that didn't happen,
but at least I can show you some of what I have accomplished...

I had a lot of trouble fitting the wheels on the spokes... took tons of filing...

DSCI0641.jpg

DSCI0643.jpg

DSCI0644.jpg

Looking good GS... I would need Zoom Glasses and a anti-hand-shaker to accomplish anything like that.... Keep up the good work

Moving right along. Looking Good! Are you going to do a complete interior? Just kidding LOL.

Hahaha, coffee and modeling don't go well together! And yes I will be molding the interior parts from scratch my self! ;)

But hey, It's actually looking like a tank now! Just the finishing touches and then I get to paint.

DSCI0647.jpg

DSCI0648.jpg

DSCI0661.jpg

DSCI0671.jpg

She's almost there! Did the whole thing in a darker toned Olive and did some experimenting with a black wash. Startin' to look spiffy

cf1.jpg

cf2.jpg

cf3.jpg

Nice build. I was just looking at a real one of these at the 1st Division's Museum at Cantigny in Wheaton, Illinois this weekend. If you haven't been, I strongly recommend taking a trip south of the border to see the museum. It has a dozen or so US tanks from WWI through Desert Storm outside and some great displays that recount the history of the Big Red One.

Bob/Lt. Smash

Nice build. I was just looking at a real one of these at the 1st Division's Museum at Cantigny in Wheaton, Illinois this weekend. If you haven't been, I strongly recommend taking a trip south of the border to see the museum. It has a dozen or so US tanks from WWI through Desert Storm outside and some great displays that recount the history of the Big Red One.

Bob/Lt. Smash

Thanks, and yes I will definitely have to see that museum some time in the future! Sounds great. That's funny, I have an uncle that lives in Naperville IL as well that we visit about once a year or so...

tried some drybrushing... It was a lot of fun to do. Not quite sure if I went overboard though...

DSCI0703.jpg

DSCI0706.jpg

Remember, you can dry brush with your base color to tone down if you've gone too far. Alternatively you can use a wash of your base coat as well.

thanks for the advice Fac, anybody able to explain decals to me? What exactly do I need for them?

You will need a pair of sissors, a small bowl of water, some q-tips and paper towel. The q-tips are for rolling out the bubbles under the decal and bits of paper towel to soak up water that usualy manages to get spilt. I would put the decals on before weathering but you can do a touch-up, no problem.

Back