Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Rikonovo: Russian screenshots & news (no entry to German players!)

I'll be posting some screenshots, videos and propaganda here as the battles develop.

Also some situation updates ... we promise only the whole pravda, and nothing but the pravda. :D

Please -- no peeking by GERMAN players!!

Here the map of the area of operations-- mission is to breakthrough at Rikonovo and maintain pursuit of defeated German forces all the way to Minsk!

Rikonovo-map-clean2.jpg

Last edited:
Looking fabulous @Rico but to be honest I never thought it wouldn't...

I have set my T34's to idle - just waiting for the word... (if lucky enough to be involved)...

Mods already! Thanks for mentioning this - need to go download now. My T-34's need a new paint job, hopefully with some sort of Soviet slogan on the turret.

Front Aviation command has confirmed first air strike on Rikonovo just completed -- pilots report success and highly accurate bombing, many vehicles destroyed despite heavy Flak fire.
(but then the flyboys always exaggerate as we know)

Petlyakov_Pe-2.jpg

Some snapshots from the Zaprud'ye engagement...

Armoured recon troops were ambushed with AT gun and MG fire while crossing the bridge ... three T-34's and one platoon of recon infantry made it across.
One T-34 was destroyed and first recon platoon suffered severe casualties. Looks like Zaprud'ye is defended by the enemy in some strength. One enemy AT gun was confirmed destroyed.

Two 76mm guns and a mortar were set up to provide fire support across the river.

While first company was defending the small bridgehead, a ford was spotted to the right of the village and two T-34's and 2nd recon platoon made for it.

Unfortunately, one T-34 seems to have suffered track damage from earlier AT fire and slowed down to a crawl, the other crossed and was destroyed by what looks like an AT gun.

Recon squadron commander has decided, due to insufficient infantry strength and running out of mortar ammunition, to pull back to the eastern bank of the river and keep the bridge under fire to keep enemy from blowing it up.

@Rico On behalf of all comrade commanders we are chafing to be released to combat (well I definitely am!!) lol...

I'm not sure if you have me on the list but I think I raised my hand very early! :)

Rico - you can bypass me for this next battle, I'll be on vacation for 7 days and don't want to delay your battle. Please keep me in standby for the next phase of battle though! Thanks.

@Rico, given the number of battles I doubt I'd get a battle in or two. That said if there's room count me in!

@Rico , i'm a bit short of time recently, so put me in the reserve list unless scenarios size is medium or lower.
In case of one or two companies to command i can play (and will be very happy to play my first CMRT PBEM game !) ..

Back