Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Rikonovo: Russian screenshots & news (no entry to German players!)

@Richtig -- have been informed by German commander in your Kurgan battle that the battle still has not started at all yet -- even with mjkerner's initial RL troubles and @Richtig 's week away, there should have been time to get this rolling.

I am making an executive command decision and taking back command of this battle myself -- only way I can personally guarantee control of rate of progress here. (we don't faff around in the Red Army)

Other two battles of @Nelson1812 and @poesel71 progressing ok?

@Rico OK no worries. Not sure what the issue was (technically in the game rather than RL) but the file was with mjk waiting for reply at 4 days now - game only on turn 3.

@Rico Just looking at Poesels post above - looks like getting dropped may have been a bit harsh if we are only 4 turns behind...

I am sure MJK will get sorted shortly....

@mjkerner

If you need a substitute player please let me know. I haven't read the German thread. And I don't think I have read the Russian one either... Unless this is it...:D

Wish I had to report something, too. The only thing sighted of the enemy so far where an outpost with one man (duly blasted) and mortar shells wounding two comrades. The Nazi scum are hiding!

Commander - we will reach the objectives soon. Am I to hold the objectives or should I proceed to destroy the hitlerites?

Wish I had to report something, too. The only thing sighted of the enemy so far where an outpost with one man (duly blasted) and mortar shells wounding two comrades. The Nazi scum are hiding!

Commander - we will reach the objectives soon. Am I to hold the objectives or should I proceed to destroy the hitlerites?

Comrade Poeselonov, if Hitlerites evacuate objective -- push through and try and destroy as much of their force before they can retreat.

A good day for Germany, err, uuh, I mean of course for the glorious Soviet Union. Oh, there is someone at the door. I better finish this fast...
;)

Intelligence reported AFVs and ATGs for the enemy. But our forward scouts soon identified two Panthers and the sound of probably two more. But our heroic T34 commander with support from our AT guns sprung into action:

Bildschirmfoto2014-07-08um225437_zps0919861f.jpg

Bildschirmfoto2014-07-08um225528_zps811d4c64.jpg

A good day for Germany, err, uuh, I mean of course for the glorious Soviet Union. Oh, there is someone at the door. I better finish this fast...
;)

Intelligence reported AFVs and ATGs for the enemy. But our forward scouts soon identified two Panthers and the sound of probably two more. But our heroic T34 commander with support from our AT guns sprung into action:

Bildschirmfoto2014-07-08um225437_zps0919861f.jpg

Bildschirmfoto2014-07-08um225528_zps811d4c64.jpg

Excellent work, commander.

@Nelson1812

Enemy has withdrawn from battlefield, your force has successfully captured a bridgehead over the Bobr stream. Well done -- this will make up for the repulse being suffered by another company of 23rd Mot Rifle Brigade at the adjacent crossing, where the enemy position is now effectively outflanked.

Casualties have been light: 9 KIA, 7 WIA ... 109 men ok. No heavy weapons losses, although some crew losses amongst SU-76 and ATG crews will have to be filled in.

Quick scan of battlfield reveal 7 enemy KIA ... no heavy weapons or vehicles left behind.

This seems to have been only a delaying action by the enemy.

Could have been more casualties... but no hits or casualties from his (rocket?) barrage, his 81 mm mortar did the most damage.
Fun game thanks... good to keep them running.

Intelligence reports it's probably 88's firing from Rikonovo town itself ... Tank Army command has requested renewed air attacks on the area in the morning.

Commander Riconovitsch - I can report that the south village has been taken and secured. We are advancing on the central village and north village. Further we have destroyed an enemy AFV. Unfortunately we have lost one T34 and another is so damaged that it had to retreat.
We have identified another Panther and have sound contacts on more armour. I'm appalled at out intelligence that such big armour movements could go unnoticed!

Something completely different: turn rate with DG is now excellent. 19 minutes to go.

Commander Riconovitsch - I can report that the south village has been taken and secured. We are advancing on the central village and north village. Further we have destroyed an enemy AFV. Unfortunately we have lost one T34 and another is so damaged that it had to retreat.
We have identified another Panther and have sound contacts on more armour. I'm appalled at out intelligence that such big armour movements could go unnoticed!

Something completely different: turn rate with DG is now excellent. 19 minutes to go.

Well, you have spotted them now :)

Da tovaritsch enigma!

Two more Panther sightings - this is not a battlefield but a zoo!

TC Komatokov braved a Panther head on and shot up its gun so badly (watch the decals on the gun!) that the Nazis fled their steel beast:

Bildschirmfoto2014-07-11um210127_zps412cf661.jpg

Not everything was good. Ten brave (but stupid) comrades assaulted a house single file and were mowed down to the man :(

Bildschirmfoto2014-07-11um210204_zps5b46206d.jpg

85mm love will avenge them shortly.

Back