Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Round 4 AAR's

Getting the American infantry to break from the trench line was not hard if you could get some units up and firing on the trenches.

So again, it comes down to how much time did you have to do that.

i will stay with the concept, that the best attack would be to clear the American fire as quickly as possible that had a view to the middle of the map. push up the middle, focus on the center trenches and once they were broken , then focus on swinging to the left or right flank.
I agree, that had the highest probability of success. Spoogles did get infantry up the the walls closest to the buildings and trenches in the center. He was not ultimately able to penetrate that area because he lacked armor support, or any support so that infantry got stranded along the walls- I had been lucky with my AT assets and took out many vehicles either in their staging area or as the advanced or shifted position. This seemed to force him to shift (initially I think) his forces to his right (my left), only to be hit by my AT assets there. So I have to say that some of this is luck, I am not clear how JTimo was able to move up without having his armor and support hit by the AT guns, unless his opponent did not place them with LOS in that area (or luck came into play and JTimo was able to knock then out and refuse their Line of Site?)

I am not clear how JTimo was able to move up without having his armor and support hit by the AT guns, unless his opponent did not place them with LOS in that area (or luck came into play and JTimo was able to knock then out and refuse their Line of Site?)
I'm sure some of it was luck, but to provide an answer of what I did, or tried to do, I used plenty of smoke, and I did make some early moves to areas where LOS to my tanks was limited.

I'm sure some of it was luck, but to provide an answer of what I did, or tried to do, I used plenty of smoke, and I did make some early moves to areas where LOS to my tanks was limited.
Gotcha...good eye on spotting the weak spots! Smoke was good. I dont recall Spoogles laying down or shooting smoke. Dust helps too.

Getting the American infantry to break from the trench line was not hard if you could get some units up and firing on the trenches.

So again, it comes down to how much time did you have to do that.

i will stay with the concept, that the best attack would be to clear the American fire as quickly as possible that had a view to the middle of the map. push up the middle, focus on the center trenches and once they were broken , then focus on swinging to the left or right flank.
In hindsight and calculating in reinforcements I probably agree. But without that knowing or rather how I looked at it before: the attacker has a mostly mobile force and the only way to control the engagement against a defender with mobile AT defenses was in my perspective from the crest on the right flank. Going up frontally would allow the defender to control the engagement and use the crests on both sides to envelope the attacker and decide when to shoot and scoot from hulldown.

Given that the majority of defender mobile AT would arrive as reinforcements on the right flank later on I agree that a right flank had large chance of turning into a trap.

Could also just be that my terrain analysis was less thorough compared to jtimo , but without the reinforcement I'm not certain.

Could also just be that my terrain analysis was less thorough compared to jtimo

Although I did notice that middle area had limited LOS to/from the right, I don't think I considered the possibility of the U.S. player popping up over Mound 1 with mobile units. I did have a Platoon of Pz IIIMs which I initially moved behind the building cluster on my left, and I remember they engaged units in the Mound 1 area (I lost one or two to the ATGs on that mound), but at no time did Al send any of his AFVs to the top of the Mound 1 ridge, and I remember the units I moved into that low middle area did not have LOS to the ground atop that mound.

Back