Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Round Three

Hi @Gunner,
end of game !
Thank you for this pbem (y)

(you will receive your money at the end of the week for letting me win, $50 000 as we had agreed).

My pleasure. Thanks for the good turn rate. You were much faster than me, sorry I couldn't keep up. :)

I forgot to pre-set my mortars which may have made a difference.
All in all the road was well defended. (y)

I'll even the score next time though. ;)

this third round is another brutal affair! My opponent must be seething with my hit and run ambushes on his armour. Just had the upmost pleasure in sneaking up behind a HMG team that was spitting lead at some of my pinned squads across the road. A few well placed tommy gun bursts and they were cut down nicely. Stopping a punch packing force like this has its price though, my boys are earning their purple hearts the hard way!

My battle vs @Bleskaceq is over with a Draw. The TacAI robbed me of about 1200+ pts (2 Stugs and 4 HTs) in the last 2 mins. Some of the dumbest TacAI driving I’ve ever seen. :eek:

Having said that, my opponent did a good job though. Not taking anything away from him. Just so frustrated with the TacAI.

Oh well :poop: happens! Good game and thanks for the fast turn rate.

This is the game I have been watching this round, mainly because both sides were playing very well.

Blame the AI for the driving issues, but what happened is he still had functioning units along the road that did fire on your units making the rush for the exit.

disrupting them and thus the AI road jamb.

Yes, in the perfect world. The Ht's would have ignored the fire and just kept the petal to the metal.

And a Bazooka was part of the defensive fire at the end, so having that type of fire against you should possible make your unit drive themselves into touble.

It was a good battle, maybe next time you will make that move for the exit with a little more time cushion.

This is the game I have been watching this round, mainly because both sides were playing very well.

Blame the AI for the driving issues, but what happened is he still had functioning units along the road that did fire on your units making the rush for the exit.

disrupting them and thus the AI road jamb.

Yes, in the perfect world. The Ht's would have ignored the fire and just kept the petal to the metal.

And a Bazooka was part of the defensive fire at the end, so having that type of fire against you should possible make your unit drive themselves into touble.

It was a good battle, maybe next time you will make that move for the exit with a little more time cushion.
Well the traffic jam started the turn before the zooka fired. Then continued in the last turn (despite my corrections) allowing the zooka to start firing with about 35 secs left. If not for the jam, that zooka maybe at best gets one shot off at the last Stug driving fast for the exit.

Point being, only reason that zooka got 2 kills was because of the jam. He didn’t cause it. Heck the zooka is somewhat irrelevant as they werent gonna make the exit anyway.

For now, I curse the CM Gods! Sometimes they smile upon you… other times they bitch slap you! :LOL:

My game with @KGPanther is over, also ending in a draw. Can't complain about the AI since I saw most of the units that caused my "HT"s to scramble into the woods. My Stügs kept going, driving right through/into a unit placed directly on the exit. Was very surprised/pleased with the final score. I'd have to rate KG's ambush as more effective than my escape effort.

Great match! At least I took out most of your vehicles lol ...crazy charge at the end. Very good scenario...challenging...it came down to the individual soldier to do his duty- great job JTimo!

General update and note:

three of the 12 matches are done, one additional game is almost done

5 games are on a proper pace

and 3 games are behind the minimun pace.

We arer a month into this round and a month to go. You should be at file number 32 at this point to be on pace.

If you are behind, you should be picking up the pace to finish on time . You have a little over 4 weeks left.

My battle with Hilts has just finished. A minor victory for my dough boys. We stopped the column in its tracks :)

Guys, the chatter has been a little loose and you are giving info away to those still playing..

A complaint has been made by a few of those players and rightfully so.

You have been caught in the act of "loose lips sink ships"

one player suggestion is that I should dock points from those players for such actions.

And again "its a valid point as to a action I could take. "

For now, I will just put a reminder out, please keep comments at a level that no information of any type is being revealed that might make a impact to a player as to his decision making in a present match.

Hopefully, there will be no more issues for future rounds and I can leave the issue alone as is.

Guys, the chatter has been a little loose and you are giving info away to those still playing..
If I remember correctly @Gunner used to have a restricted AAR thread for each round in the tournaments that he ran. Not sure how much more work that would be for the GM, maybe he can chime in with some insight.

Since the sight in general is run by bootie, and he was down to no help.
I sure was not going to ask for such a thing, adding peaple as they finished matches to a thread is a little bit of a hassle.

the conversation feature could be used and then just add peaple when they finish.. but the last time I tried that it was not working. but maybe fixed now.

It would be a easy answer to being able to talk about the battle right after finishing it. I have had players do that with me directly. but it seems like we could just make it a group text in general as a round plays out.

Back