Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Serious Problem Importing Bitmaps - Please Help

BlackJack

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I am trying to import images for my Hurtgen campaign for FB. I have made sure they are 170x170 and 24 bits. It imports the image, but it transplants and discolors the right side of the image over to the left side. I do not have any idea what is going on, as the files present normally prior to being imported. What is going on? I assume it has to be a problem with the game reading the file and doing something funky with it.

For example:

(I'm aware the one on the left is a PNG, I cant upload BMPs to the website but the BMP file shows the exact same image as the PNG. The files only get weird in-game.)

Attachments

• 28-ID-Hurtgen-battle.png
    28-ID-Hurtgen-battle.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg Screenshot 2021.10.08 - 13.46.16.34 (2).png
    Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg Screenshot 2021.10.08 - 13.46.16.34 (2).png
    69.9 KB · Views: 1
Hello Blackjack:
Would you mind Dropboxig the problem pictures to me and I will have a look at them for you. Also, Where in the game are you trying to import them? The loading screen? The Mission Strat map,....??

Hello Blackjack:
Would you mind Dropboxig the problem pictures to me and I will have a look at them for you. Also, Where in the game are you trying to import them? The loading screen? The Mission Strat map,....??
I have just sent a dropbox file with the 3 relevant images I am trying to use for my scenario thumbnail for a campaign I'm creating. I sent them to the email you have listed for your account here.

I haven't tried other images for my strategic/operational maps or anything, as I haven't even been able to get the thumbnail one to work.

Hello Blackjack: I grabbed your png picture (the one on the left) from this website. Saved it and copied it into the free paint.net. Confirmed that it measured 70x70 and saved it as a .bmp image without any further modification. It looked normal both before and after. Placed it into my Final Battles scenarios directory and made a new scenario called Blah.btt. Imported the 70x70 bmp into that scenario and saved it. Opened the scenario as a battle and voila! Everything normal. No colour distortion.

So I do not know if (a) there was nothing wrong with the image to begin with or (b) processing it through paint.net corrected the problem. If the issue is (a) then your problem may be your computer graphics. I have no probelm with my CM games on my desktop but on my new (and supposedly 'great' laptop) the on-screen text from CM distorts and is virtually unreadable. Only text from CM does this. Everything else runs fine. To diagnose if it is your computer not liking the file, try the same file on another computer - if available.

But first ... try what I did above ... reprocessing the png as a bmp in paint.net.

Good luck. Got your files in Dropbox but given the above, probably don't need to look at them. Let me know how it goes.

Hello again Blackjack: I figured out what the problem is with your bitmaps. I imported the two bitmap graphics you sent via Dropbox into CMFB and got the same result as you. The overlying text shifts and turns purple in part. The issue appears to be that the program in which you applied the text created some kind of 'layer' that is handled incorrectly during importing into CM. There are two ways to solve it. (1) do the original work of applying text in paint.net or (2) reprocess the graphics with existing text in paint.net. Problem solved.

Kandu

Back