Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe

Taken Egypt... currently outside Bagdad... Running out of supplies...Russia's attacked me. Send Mars bars, and Red Bull ASAP.

LOL -- bludgeoning my way into Sinai across Suez canal... captured Malta finally ... bogged down in Russia -- Barbarossa not going too well ... started to snow and I haven't even advanced much beyond Smolensk and still have to capture Kiev :oops:

It definitely looks less complex and threatening than GGs War In The West/East (and I love these games), but how does the corps and divisions work? I saw some commented gameplay and it looks that they somehow messed that up. That corps is less than division I think or something like that.

42.jpg

So, do we know if/when there will be PBEM? And the real question, is it worth the price?

Yes there will be a PBEM mode, as in SC1 and SC2. But we don't know when. Hubert Cater the main programmer had a serious disease. He's now back to work but no official date of release is scheduled.

And Yes it is really worth the price in my opinion. The game is very dynamic, kind of game you keep on saying "ok just one more turn" ...

It definitely looks less complex and threatening than GGs War In The West/East (and I love these games), but how does the corps and divisions work? I saw some commented gameplay and it looks that they somehow messed that up. That corps is less than division I think or something like that.

There is no divisions in this game. Only Armies and Corps concerning Infantry. Armies and Corps are not related to each other. You cannot break an Army into multiple Corps. Sometimes with other arms you have units that you could imagine as Divisions (like Heavy Artillery, or Anti-Tank) but they are unscaled (I don't know if unscaled is good english, I mean by that the game doesn't give you an idea of its size).
Compared to WitE/W it's a very fast-paced game, but still realisitc as a grand strategy game. If you're looking more like a very big operational game it's not for you.

Thought I drop this in... no multiplayer as yet... but soon ( @Rico looking forward to our battle!)
The first official update of Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is finally available for download!

The “Garand” Update brings a huge list of bug fixes and improvements, thanks to the extraordinary amount of feedback coming from the community!

Some highlights:

- fixed a rare disappearing Capitals error;

- fixed several 'on_left_button_down' errors related to unit selection and movement;

- Soviet Shock Army Build Time increased from 1 to 4 months;

- Vichy France will now deploy its navy if it joins the Axis or Allies for the 1939 to 1942 campaigns

The changelog is very long, so be sure to check it out here!

You can download the update from here

NOTE ABOUT MULTIPLAYER

The “Garand” Update does not include PBEM which is not quite ready but we didn't want to delay the many improvements and fixes that Hubert and Bill have made any longer. Nevertheless, the multiplayer is almost finished and we hope to release it very soon! Thanks for your patience!

No, no beta tester. I think you have to be logged in to use the first link to the download.

Back