Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Rico-Shorker War

With the new PRRAF offensive under way -- we can so far report from only one of the battles (The Shorkers have been a little slow in setting up the other battle ;) )

The battle under way is the PRRAF attack #2 (see map below)

rico-shork-war006.jpg

This, the latest from our frontline reporters and photographers!

The attack was launched with a precision opening barrage by heavy mortars and a left hook by the armoured Schwerpunkt lead by the Shermans of the veteran Lightning Fist brigade -- eager for revenge after their vanguard was so bloodily repulsed at Westerwalde.

At H-Hour advance scout teams observe the first shells falling on suspected enemy positions...

The enemy right flank is plastered with haevy mortar fire ... the PRRAF command had decided to take the calculated risk of launching their tanks through the olive groves, avoiding the more open country on the right, so to catch the enemy defenders off guard.

The order is given to advance, and the tanks of the Lightning Fist Brigade advance across the valley, screened by advancing infantry... (the smoke and dust from ineffectual Shorker mortar fire can be seen to the rear of the picture ... )

The Shermans advance briskly, stopping to give cover fire across the valley...

The attack is a success ... the enemy's right flank is shattered... Shorker SP guns abandoned and infantry casualties litter the battlefield...

The first objective is taken and the tanks swing right to advance on the second... now under fire from PRRAF heavy artillery...

PRRAF infantry wait to begin phase 2 of the attack... in the background a destroyed Shorker light flak position.

"Not yet boys -- let the gunners finish their work."

This Lightning Fist Sherman wasn't so lucky ... but the crew all got away unharmed.

On the far left of the advance, deep behind enemy lines, Shermans work their way cautiously through brush countryside...

The battle continues... more updates as PRRAF forces continue their victorious advance!

I don't know, if you need a "Ministry of Truth" we will probably never learn the whole truth. I trust more to the objective reporting of the Shorktruppen!

I don't know, if you need a "Ministry of Truth" we will probably never learn the whole truth. I trust more to the objective reporting of the Shorktruppen!

Ah ... but the Shorker propaganda is even more outrageous than ours could ever be!

You know our slogan: The whole truth, nothing but the truth, so help us President for Life Rico. :D

The Shorktruppen of the Reich are the good ones in this conflict, with the right on their side - there can be absolutlely no doubt about that. ;)

The Shorktruppen of the Reich are the good ones in this conflict, with the right on their side - there can be absolutlely no doubt about that. ;)

I cannot see any propaganda in this statement, because it is obviously true! A look on the map will expose that this is a war of aggression against the peace loving population of the Reich. Not only is the PRR occupying territory that rightfully belongs to the Reich - even worse - the PRR wants to steel more territory from the Reich. To top that the "Ministry of Truth" is also proudly posting picture evidence that they are murdering innocent Shorktruppen, that only want to defend their houses and their families.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Shorker : Again an excellent work. The last 3 minutes were so painful I had to skip...;) I agree with Rico regarding the missing comments during the movie. Nevertheless very nice camera!

After getting all distracted by some minor skirmish somewhere in Russia, we're back to the battles that really count, the epic confrontation that might decide the future of the world! :D

The second battle of this round of the Rico-Shorker War is now underway (confusingly it is labelled battle #2 on the situation map ... the battle for the surrounded Shorker outpost in the Western Hills.

rico-shork-war006.jpg

... the hilltop town is the objective -- PRRAF infantry advance as the preparatory artillery barrage hopefully smothers enemy positions across the valley.

... the hilltop town is the objective -- PRRAF infantry advance as the preparatory artillery barrage hopefully smothers enemy positions across the valley.

Rico, i think your troops will cut to pieces running this hill...

Rico, i think your troops will cut to pieces running this hill...

The 2nd battle is completed and the against all predictions, attack was a success and ended in a Major Victory for the PRRAF!! HUZZAH!!

The hill position was held by a force of pioniere which turned out to be too small to hold off the attackers, who captured most of the village after some vicious street fighting, especially for the hill-top church.

A counter-attack by Stugs and infantry on the PRRAF right flank was beaten off by Shermans which raced across the battlefield to hit the enemy advance in the flank.

The southern flank armies of the People's Republic of Rico Armed Forces now prepare themselves for a major advance to finally capture the strategic town of Westerwalde.
The weather is clearing up, so the both sides' air forces will come into play in this next round.

PRRAF commanders are quietly confident that this stroke will go a long way to a final victory over the Shorker aggressors!

Meanwhile Reichsmarschall Shorker is reported to be berating his generals in the conference room at Shorker High Command, threatening to have the whole lot of them shot for incompetence!

Well done Rico, taking the hill town looks like it could have been brutal.

Shorker and I are playing a couple of games, where we're each attacking across open terrain and it isn't much fun for the attacking infantry!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Rico-Shorker War is back in action with the People's Republic of Rico Armed Forces launching their attack on the southern front against the strategic town of Westerwalde!

The earlier PRRAF supporting attack a little further north has unfortunately been repulsed -- but High Command is confident the town will fall to this offensive!

Back