Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Uh oh. It is 2021 and spring. That means......THE GARRY OWEN TOURNEY is about to begin! Team World vs Team USA IV. Stay tuned!

I happily accept the nomination, and if the rest of Team USA agrees, I will do the job to the best of my abilities, managing and motivating Team USA, and interacting with (lol) Team World. :)

I've seen a lot of new names on the forums over the past year, many of them from points far distant from our land of opportunity. That is a good thing! I welcome these new men to join our revels in the G.O. tourney! Team World has had a bad run of luck thus far, but, perhaps with some new players on their team, they can reverse course and give Team USA a challenge!
Wow. As a captain you're suddenly a very responsible and sensible sounding person... :cool: :p

It appears we have quite enough interest. I will release the rules of competition and official sign up thread this weekend. I also have a few Rules about banter back and forth. Everyone on this thread is fine so far, but since there are quite a few new people (good!) this year, please wait until I have the threads and rules established before you go at each other too roughly. :p:p:2draw:

It appears we have quite enough interest. I will release the rules of competition and official sign up thread this weekend. I also have a few Rules about banter back and forth. Everyone on this thread is fine so far, but since there are quite a few new people (good!) this year, please wait until I have the threads and rules established before you go at each other too roughly. :p:p:2draw:

@Blady , @holoween , @Lethaface , and all the other new guys. Welcome!

I happily accept the nomination, and if the rest of Team USA agrees, I will do the job to the best of my abilities, managing and motivating Team USA, and interacting with (lol) Team World. :)

I've seen a lot of new names on the forums over the past year, many of them from points far distant from our land of opportunity. That is a good thing! I welcome these new men to join our revels in the G.O. tourney! Team World has had a bad run of luck thus far, but, perhaps with some new players on their team, they can reverse course and give Team USA a challenge!
Heck to the yeah! I second the nomination whole heatedly!

I was wondering when you were going to join in the digital chest beating and trash talking.

I've no doubt you will lead Team USA to yet another overwhelming victory!

'murica!!!!!!

Yes ...best get those guidelines out soon! This is not a tourney for those with delicate sensibilities!

So, those thinking of playing for Team World might want to rummage through your European hand bags and make sure you have plenty of 2-ply, extra soft tissues on hand. You will need them.

All jesting aside... I love this tourney! Great competition...Great banter... Great fun! Thanks in advance @Wellsonian for putting this together again.

All you new folks, who are so good to see on the site, get in on this one if you can no matter which side you want to play for. It's loads of good fun!

I've only been a FGM member since 2016, has Team World ever won the Gary Owen? Have they ever even come close?
They have come close in two out of three. Especially the first one. Last year got away from them a little bit, but valuable experience was gained.
Btw, @Badger73 has already created the ribbons for the tourney this year. You all will get one, but only the winners get the stars!

Attachments

• 8D09355A-D137-4DA6-9362-C6D7BF380F34.jpeg
    8D09355A-D137-4DA6-9362-C6D7BF380F34.jpeg
    6.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 4ED4F69D-52DC-4F15-A756-7A1C7AC32DF8.jpeg
    4ED4F69D-52DC-4F15-A756-7A1C7AC32DF8.jpeg
    4.8 KB · Views: 5
Thank you, it's too bad I don't have the proper games to join in on the USA bashing. But I'm sure we'll meet some other time. :LOL:

Oh, and to the rest of the team. Just in case you're all hippies, be sure to measure your new captain:

Too bad indeed. Have you considered starting a GoFundMe?

-Toxic

Too bad indeed. Have you considered starting a GoFundMe?

-Toxic
Share some of that helicopter money you collected from the states, sponsored by US, the World :)

AdobeStock_191522299.jpeg

I've only been a FGM member since 2016, has Team World ever won the Gary Owen? Have they ever even come close?

Only been in last year, but tbh I think there were more experienced players on the USA side compared to team World. We need some of the more experienced World players to sign up and team USA will have a difficult time. @Titan being the champ of the ladder should be our captain I guess. :2draw:

Nope. Cry your heart out.

Dig your own heart as I'll rather get a bunch of put options @ Russel2000. That'll be a great win for team world anyway :cool:
Are you going to man up and join Team World?
Perhaps get yourself some glasses from that helo moneys son; I'm in there waiting for you just not sure about my available capacity to play one or two games.

Back