Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

ULAI 653BC (Epic Battles)

My game against mtk has concluded. Results are as follows. I was Assyrian Forces.

As I mentioned to you in the text in game, the Elamites have a very poor TO&E. Very difficult to fight with particularly on the terrain we were on. I'm playing them in another game and am losing my army the last two turns or so. I held out as long as I could but eventually the lines come in contact and that is the end for the Elamites.

I concur. The Assyrians are the better army here. What was Teumman of Elam thinking??!! :oops:

I don't know the history of the battle, did not read the brief actually but I would not have chosen this terrain. Those archer units might be better in more defensive terrain but out in the open...no. There were some barriers terrain ground but difficult to stay put when again, rest of terrain allows Assyrians to move behind and in clear terrain with those mobile chariots and cavalry. You have to match the Assyrian mobile units but those light wicker chariots of the Elamites leaves much to be desired IMHO.

It was tough playing as Elamites. Great bowman units but once you got in close it was no contest. I would be interested in actually reading more about this battle in history. Will have to look it up.

It was tough playing as Elamites. Great bowman units but once you got in close it was no contest. I would be interested in actually reading more about this battle in history. Will have to look it up.

Here's a FGM Review for the Rise of Persia which gives a short summary of each epic battle in that DLC.

IKTBWlH.png

Back