Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

What are you listening to right now?

Plant was a big Lord of the Rings guy

Raise You_ (Oh-Oh)
Rush - Rivendell
Bonus point: with pics from film
'Nother Bonus Pt: Official!!!!

See yah all soon (Bit passive/aggressive there..... food methinks!)

Gotta say loved this song forever,
Love the BEAUTIFUL Films very nearly as much as I love the book
(No 1 ALL TIME LOVE)
btw: Hate the Hobbit film atrocity but LOtR Trilogy is perfection.

A bit of folk music now, from 1972........she looks like someone from centuries past - her voice is great, and the accompanying musicians are talented too.
I had a mate at school who was always listening to this stuff while I was just starting to listen to Pink Floyd and the like......I scoffed at it, calling it medieval rubbish......oh the ignorance of youth......
Steve

Not heard this for 30-35 years : brings back memories (watch out - can be bad), Ones good enough to stretch my mouth into a VERY SAPPY grin (OK!.....) Takes me back to my teens and some amazing times. (Phew)

OTOH: The contrast with some VERY not-good times is appreciable,
However: You can't appreciate highs if you've never experienced the LOWS. <shrug> (OK)

Dinna worry folks not going to get all ego rubbingly dramatic: psyconaylsis is sooooooo boring. (Yup)

Mike and the Mechanics - good morning all,.....

Gawd I'm feeling ancient today... I was old when this came out. (No sympathy, every day you wake up beats the alternative)

Beethoven - Fur Elise : :unsure: Dunno - came up on random rotation*

* "random rotation" - Also a good description of my birth, life, friendships and work history. (Sheesh he left out his mental state :sofa: )

I recently watch this programme about Janet Baker........a great documentary about a remarkable woman.......near the end there is a part where she is sat with her husband.....truly amazing in it's raw emotion.
Even if you have no interest in her musical talent, it's worth watching.

And here she is......beautiful singing voice.

......and here's another viewing must.......Jacqueline Du Pre.......another amazing talent, sadly taken so young........

Here she is......

Steve

..........this is fabulous.....real tight......the brass section in particular...very impressive.

Steve

........another track with some fab sax playing in it.......

Back